An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are There Any Black People On Phatmass ?

Whats up pham, just wondering if any of you are black ?
Figured there would be since phatmass sorta has a hiphop feel to it and hiphop is an african american artfrom.
I dont really know alot of black cathoics, know alot of black brothers in christ though, just seem none of them are catholic.
Alot seem to belong to non denominational churches and other denominations.
Anyhow just wondering, Godbless

[mod]title edit (is=are) -777[/mod]

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1661996' date='Sep 23 2008, 05:47 PM']Whats up pham, just wondering if any of you are black ?
Figured there would be since phatmass sorta has a hiphop feel to it and hiphop is an african american artfrom.
I dont really know alot of black cathoics, know alot of black brothers in christ though, just seem none of them are catholic.
Alot seem to belong to non denominational churches and other denominations.
Anyhow just wondering, Godbless[/quote]
:hehehe:

There's always God the Father :saint:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1662011' date='Sep 23 2008, 06:12 PM']Black people have more eumelanin.[/quote]

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1662012' date='Sep 23 2008, 06:14 PM']:hehehe:

There's always God the Father :saint:[/quote]

good points

Forgot to mention, I'm part Jew; Abraham was an Israelite; Israel is pretty close to Africa.

Therefore, I'm practically black.

I read somewhere that ~90% of white people are ~10% black or more ...

In America, at least.

Edited by mommas_boy

There is only an estimated 4 million black Catholics in the United States, hence it would probally reflect in the overall statistics on Phatmass as well.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1662933' date='Sep 24 2008, 05:27 PM']I'm part Canadian indian...

...and for a long while I thought Dust was black[/quote]
dust can be any color, really.

Considering the nature of this thread, the grammatical error in the title is rather glaring...

I'm about as white as a person can be :) It is interesting, though, to consider that we often meet people on forums like this with hardly a thought about race, cliques, ethnicity, or any other thing that might affect our initial impressions if we were meeting in person.

I remember the first time I attended a Mass by myself on a random Sunday morning. Having no idea which parish to attend, I defaulted to the Cathedral, and one of the things I noticed was the mix of races and ethnicities present. I couldn't help but think of the passage in Revelation about "every tribe, tongue, and nation" bowing before the Lord.