An Old School Catholic Message Board

Illegal Immigration And The Mortgage Mess

Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1663797' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:54 PM']Madame V,

I've read several of your threads and have seen that you like to blame undocumented immigrants for everything and anything <_<[/quote]

Undocumented immigrant = illegal alien.

I have a feeling you've read a whole lot more than just "several" of my threads. In any case, talk to Meg. This is her thread now.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1663810' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:09 PM']either them or the arabs. Don't forget them![/quote]

I've never posted about "Arabs". Whatever. Talk to Meg. This is her thread now.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1664003' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:11 AM']You know what, Meg? DO WHAT YOU WANT. The thread is all yours now. Happy?[/quote]

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1664004' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:12 AM']Talk to Meg. This is her thread now.[/quote]

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1664006' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:14 AM']In any case, talk to Meg. This is her thread now.[/quote]

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1664009' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:16 AM']Talk to Meg. This is her thread now.[/quote]

Heaven forbid I started this whole thing out with a DISCUSSION....geez. You didn't have to respond to my post....just like you ask all others not to respond to your posts if they are going to disagree. I honestly stated that in full intention to have a DISCUSSION...not an arguement....not a debate. I was bringing something to the table.

The as the thread continued, you failed to acknowledge anything I said that WAS on topic, and anything that Maggie said that WAS on topic.

Yes, my comment was snarky but honestly! Do you know how boring it would be if we didn't have different opinions and different things to bring to the table?

Yes, the illegal immigrants cause problems in many areas of today's America. But I do not think that they are any more to blame for the housing mess than other American citizens. I think the bigger thing to look at is the fact that banks and loan companies ALLOWED them to take out loans and such as your author said.

In health care, we have no choice but to treat anyone who comes through our door regardless of ability to pay. Illegal immigrants are PEOPLE first before they are illegal immigrants. However, they CAN be denied loans and jobs and such. THAT is the issue for the housing mess. NOT that they are here...but the fact that people actually allowed them to take out the loans.

And this would go for anyone who took out a loan or bought a house and KNEW that they would be unable to afford it. The COMPANIES are at fault here.

Meg

[quote name='picchick' post='1664016' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:37 AM']Heaven forbid I started this whole thing out with a DISCUSSION....geez. You didn't have to respond to my post....just like you ask all others not to respond to your posts if they are going to disagree. I honestly stated that in full intention to have a DISCUSSION...not an arguement....not a debate. I was bringing something to the table.

The as the thread continued, you failed to acknowledge anything I said that WAS on topic, and anything that Maggie said that WAS on topic.

Yes, my comment was snarky but honestly! Do you know how boring it would be if we didn't have different opinions and different things to bring to the table?

Yes, the illegal immigrants cause problems in many areas of today's America. But I do not think that they are any more to blame for the housing mess than other American citizens. I think the bigger thing to look at is the fact that banks and loan companies ALLOWED them to take out loans and such as your author said.

In health care, we have no choice but to treat anyone who comes through our door regardless of ability to pay. Illegal immigrants are PEOPLE first before they are illegal immigrants. However, they CAN be denied loans and jobs and such. THAT is the issue for the housing mess. NOT that they are here...but the fact that people actually allowed them to take out the loans.

And this would go for anyone who took out a loan or bought a house and KNEW that they would be unable to afford it. The COMPANIES are at fault here.

Meg[/quote]

Talk to meg. This is her thread now.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1664133' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:56 AM']Talk to meg. This is her thread now.[/quote]

I talk to her quite frequently. I think I make her bored. Meg is absolutely crazy.

Edited by picchick

Madame Vengier

[quote name='picchick' post='1664016' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:37 AM']Heaven forbid I started this whole thing out with a DISCUSSION....geez.
Meg[/quote]

That's my point, Meg. I tried to end the snarkiness and fighting by saying I hoped we all learned something from the discussions and you came back with a sarcastic and nasty reply (similar to what you all accuse me of). You also basically admitted to hijacking my thread as well. So, in light of all this, I turned the thread over to you to carry on your discussions as you wish.

My comment about hoping we all learned something from the discussions was genuine. But nothing I say is acceptable, apparently.

Please, carry on without me.