An Old School Catholic Message Board

Illegal Immigration And The Mortgage Mess

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663579' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:09 PM']:spanking: Sorry! However I think I should get brownie points because I did try to bring it back in the second paragraph.[/quote]

I give them to you!

I have a bad habit of hijacking threads and never bringing them back.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663579' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:09 PM']:spanking: Sorry! However I think I should get brownie points because I did try to bring it back in the second paragraph.[/quote]

Hopefully we've all learned a lot from the discussions in any case.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1663748' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:43 PM']Hopefully we've all learned a lot from the discussions in any case.[/quote]

which discussion?

the one where we can only post ideas that agree with you?

or:

The one where we don't discuss the other issues that are contributing to the problem?

or:

just discuss how the illegal immigration contributes to the problem?

I have learned a lot. Thank you.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1662720' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:22 PM']Never said there aren't. This topic isn't about American citizens' part in the housing crisis. It's about illegal aliens' part in the housing crisis, as stated in the subject title. Illegal aliens DO have a part in this. The article explains that just fine.[/quote]

a VERY VERY minimal part, probably less a part per capita than the average american citizen. I find this a very silly argument. I think it's grasping at straws trying to find anything with which to pin illegals.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1662723' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:25 PM']Oh, better than that is the fact that George Bush's decision to bail them out is EXACTLY something the Dems would have done and yet the Dems are criticizing him for it.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

And I did not sayt IMMIGRANTS. Please don't misquote me. I said illegal aliens. They are NOT immigrants.[/quote]

I, too have appreciated the irony of the fact that the Dems are opposing a very Democrat sounding idea. I've been angry at the Republicans for supporting such a crappy bill, and laughing at the Dems for playing such obvious politics. It's awful, really. I feel like moving to the moon.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1663764' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:54 PM']yes.

blame the poor.[/quote]

Geez, poor people, always with their poverty. They are ruining my 401K [b]again [/b]even though I have asked them multiple times to stop.

:D

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1663797' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:54 PM']Madame V,

I've read several of your threads and have seen that you like to blame undocumented immigrants for everything and anything <_<[/quote]

either them or the arabs. Don't forget them!

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1663797' date='Sep 25 2008, 05:54 PM']Madame V,

I've read several of your threads and have seen that you like to blame undocumented immigrants for everything and anything <_<[/quote]
First off.. madame v has NEVER said anything of the sort!!

Secondly, she wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

:mellow:

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663783' date='Sep 25 2008, 05:26 PM']Geez, poor people, always with their poverty. They are ruining my 401K [b]again [/b]even though I have asked them multiple times to stop.

:D[/quote]

:unsure:

Madame Vengier

[quote name='picchick' post='1663766' date='Sep 25 2008, 05:58 PM']which discussion?

the one where we can only post ideas that agree with you?

or:

The one where we don't discuss the other issues that are contributing to the problem?

or:

just discuss how the illegal immigration contributes to the problem?

I have learned a lot. Thank you.[/quote]

You sound like you're objecting to staying on-topic.

You know what, Meg? DO WHAT YOU WANT. The thread is all yours now. Happy?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1663782' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:23 PM']a VERY VERY minimal part, probably less a part per capita than the average american citizen. I find this a very silly argument. I think it's grasping at straws trying to find anything with which to pin illegals.

I, too have appreciated the irony of the fact that the Dems are opposing a very Democrat sounding idea. I've been angry at the Republicans for supporting such a crappy bill, and laughing at the Dems for playing such obvious politics. It's awful, really. I feel like moving to the moon.[/quote]

Talk to Meg. This is her thread now.