An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mccain Suspends Campaign, Calls On Obama To Do The Same

T-Bone _

I'd heard about that. If all the Senators go back to Washington to do their day jobs, that would only leave Palin on the campaign trail.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1662820' date='Sep 24 2008, 03:45 PM']I'd heard about that. If all the Senators go back to Washington to do their day jobs, that would only leave Palin on the campaign trail.[/quote]

Well, Michelle Obama could certainly stump for Barack.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1662818' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:44 PM']story?[/quote]

It's breaking news...here's a text verision:

[url="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122228304121472135.html?mod=googlenews_wsj"]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222283041...=googlenews_wsj[/url]

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1662820' date='Sep 24 2008, 03:45 PM']I'd heard about that. If all the Senators go back to Washington to do their day jobs, that would only leave Palin on the campaign trail.[/quote]

..... I find it hilarious that you mention Palin and "day-job" in the same sentence. Anyone else read that story about how she wasn't present in the Alaskan capitol for over half of the working days?

Anyway. I do like the woman. I AM voting for her...it's just funny.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1662827' date='Sep 24 2008, 03:03 PM']Well, Michelle Obama could certainly stump for Barack.[/quote]

She'll probably need the experience, because she might be the one making a lot of the decisions if he gets in. Carter and Regan's wives were routinely consulted, and Eisenhower's wife practically ran the country for several weeks while he was recovering from a heart attack. Some people think she even signed things for him.

The NY Times just sent out an email news alert that Obama wants to go ahead with the debate. It's not like he was actually going to vote on the bailout anyway.

Fidei Defensor

Oh, NOW he cares? Is that why he hasnt been in the senate since he started his campaign... missing votes on issues he claims are important... but now that the economy has tanked, he has finally considered doing his job?

At least has voted on important bills, despite also running his campaign...

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1663039' date='Sep 24 2008, 06:34 PM']The NY Times just sent out an email news alert that Obama wants to go ahead with the debate. It's not like he was actually going to vote on the bailout anyway.[/quote]

PRESENT

You know I can't find the story now, but TIME was reporting earlier that this was Obama's idea and that McCain picked it up and ran with it, and then decided to blow it up to huge proportions like so-called suspending of campaigns, which it wouldn't be if Palin was still out and about.

[quote name='BG45' post='1663290' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:45 PM']You know I can't find the story now, but TIME was reporting earlier that this was Obama's idea and that McCain picked it up and ran with it, and then decided to blow it up to huge proportions like so-called suspending of campaigns, which it wouldn't be if Palin was still out and about.[/quote]

From what I understand (from listening to Obama) his idea was to get together to write a joint statement about the economy. I didn't hear anything about suspending the campaign or delaying the debate (in fact, he is against doing that). Maybe I missed that part about suspending campaigning (and getting to work to acutally fix the problem).

LOL

I don't get that... A time of crisis is at hand so lets not choose a leader?!?!
Doesn't seem to make sense.

You know what they say:
"A good tyrant always lets a fool take over in a time of crisis."
Megatron, Transformer-original cartoon series "1980s"

Ditto HSMom, that's the way I read it, even if I poorly worded it. I enjoyed waking up this morning to my television showing McCain giving a live speech somewhere to an audience; glad he "suspended" the campaign.

Edited by BG45