An Old School Catholic Message Board

"campaign To Remove Sacrilegious Material From Youtube"

abercius24

WARNING -- THE MATERIAL DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAT IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING, ESPECIALLY TO THOSE OF A SENSITIVE SPIRITUAL NATURE.

Well I'll start by saying that I am clearly torn between emotions of anger and sorrow over this whole matter. My wife shared this disturbing news with me after having watched a few of the videos herself. She in turn was informed by a homeschooling mom that these videos existed and that a campaign was out for Catholics to ask YouTube to pull the video series.

The series is published by a very angry young man named "FSMDude." It consist of 40 different videos graphically demonstrating acts of blatant desecration against the Most Holy Eucharist. These acts range from flushing the Host down a toilet, to chopping the Host up in a blender, to eating the Host within a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And he has made it clear that these hosts are in fact consecrated thru a video showing himself receiving the Eucharist at mass from an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister.

I won't link to any of these videos to protect Phatmass's rep, but watching one of them may motivate you to action on behalf of the Lord. Catholics all over the internet are sending emails to YouTube asking them to pull the videos out of general respect for our Faith. If you would like to participate in this campaign you can do one of 2 things:

1. Send an email to dns-admin@google.com and copyright@youtube.com asking them to remove these videos as they clearly constitute hateful content toward the Church and otherwise advocate unethical behavior -- stealing the Eucharist from Catholic Churches.

2. If you have a YouTube account, you can "flag" each of these videos for YouTube to consider removal. Beneath each video you will see the Flag button.

Whether or not YouTube removes these videos or not, I believe each of us has the duty to do what we can to protect the Lord from such public desecrations.

DiscerningSoul

I have mentioned this here on a couple threads. (http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=84899&st=40 , [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=83732"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=83732[/url] ) I have seen some of the videos in question and I have been praying for this poor soul ever since, I know there is another youtube person that has been sharing this, I have flag the guy and even sent a warning in about him, yet he is still out there. He even has a video on how he gets his hands on the consecrated hosts. I continue to pray and offer up penance for him and all those poor souls who do this not just him.

Please lets all pray for this kid and all that do this to our Lord.

[quote name='abercius24' post='1663312' date='Sep 25 2008, 01:13 AM']WARNING -- THE MATERIAL DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAT IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING, ESPECIALLY TO THOSE OF A SENSITIVE SPIRITUAL NATURE.

Well I'll start by saying that I am clearly torn between emotions of anger and sorrow over this whole matter. My wife shared this disturbing news with me after having watched a few of the videos herself. She in turn was informed by a homeschooling mom that these videos existed and that a campaign was out for Catholics to ask YouTube to pull the video series.

The series is published by a very angry young man named "FSMDude." It consist of 40 different videos graphically demonstrating acts of blatant desecration against the Most Holy Eucharist. These acts range from flushing the Host down a toilet, to chopping the Host up in a blender, to eating the Host within a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And he has made it clear that these hosts are in fact consecrated thru a video showing himself receiving the Eucharist at mass from an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister.

I won't link to any of these videos to protect Phatmass's rep, but watching one of them may motivate you to action on behalf of the Lord. Catholics all over the internet are sending emails to YouTube asking them to pull the videos out of general respect for our Faith. If you would like to participate in this campaign you can do one of 2 things:

1. Send an email to dns-admin@google.com and copyright@youtube.com asking them to remove these videos as they clearly constitute hateful content toward the Church and otherwise advocate unethical behavior -- stealing the Eucharist from Catholic Churches.

2. If you have a YouTube account, you can "flag" each of these videos for YouTube to consider removal. Beneath each video you will see the Flag button.

Whether or not YouTube removes these videos or not, I believe each of us has the duty to do what we can to protect the Lord from such public desecrations.[/quote]

[quote name='Darky' post='1663375' date='Sep 25 2008, 02:37 AM'][color="blue"]That's horrible. He lives in Canada (according to his profile) would it be an idea to notify the diocese of Canada?

Darky [/color][/quote]

I wonder if anybody recognizes the Church he goes to in that one video.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1663412' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:39 AM']Shouldn't the Canadian government do something? They're all about diversity and respect, right?[/quote]

And they will 'respect' this individual's right to slap the Lord in the face. The world is becoming pagean and more so by the minute it seems.

flagged like 10 of em. we need to get people used to the fact that we won't tolerate this.

[quote name='Darky' post='1663375' date='Sep 25 2008, 12:37 AM'][color="blue"]That's horrible. He lives in Canada (according to his profile) would it be an idea to notify the diocese of Canada?

Darky [/color][/quote]

yep. flag him. if this was islam, it wouldn't be tolerated.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1663465' date='Sep 25 2008, 12:15 PM']flagged like 10 of em. we need to get people used to the fact that we won't tolerate this.

yep. flag him. if this was islam, it wouldn't be tolerated.[/quote]

I flagged all of them... turned off my volume and scrolled down so I wouldn't have to see or hear any of the video and flagged.

How do we find a list of bishops, archbishops, and maybe even cardinals?

Seriously, the Church needs to do something. We can flag all we want, but the "higher-ups" should be notified and aware so they can do something also. I would hope that no bishop, priest, cardinal or whatever would brush this under the rug. Something like this is too big to just ignore until it goes away.

[quote name='Darky' post='1663375' date='Sep 25 2008, 01:37 AM'][color="blue"]That's horrible. He lives in Canada (according to his profile) would it be an idea to notify the diocese of Canada?

Darky [/color][/quote]

There are several Dioceses in Canada. But I certainly agree that bishops should be notified.

DiscerningSoul

I went back and flag all of them.

I am going to Mass today and I will pray for him and not only for him but others also who are so hateful to our Lord.

This was on the guy's page"

[quote]A few weeks ago, the student «Webster Cook smuggled a Eucharist, a small bread wafer that to Catholics symbolic of the Body of Christ after a priest blesses it, out of mass, didn't eat it as he was supposed to do, but instead walked with it.»
... Catholics worldwide became furious.

"We don't know 100% what Mr. Cooks motivation was," said Susan Fani a spokesperson with the local Catholic diocese. "However, if anything were to qualify as a hate crime, to us this seems like this might be it."

We just expect the University to take this seriously," she added "To send a message to not just Mr. Cook but the whole community that this kind of really complete sacrilege will not be tolerated.

"It is hurtful," said Father Migeul Gonzalez with the Diocese. "Imagine if they kidnapped somebody and you make a plea for that individual to please return that loved one to the family."» [url="http://www.wftv.com/news/16798"]http://www.wftv.com/news/16798[/url] 008/detail.html

A... «hate crime»!? Stealing a shitty tasteless piece of cardboard bread is a hate crime now? The murder of Martin Luther King Jr. was a hate crime, not that (without mentioning that he just wanted to show it to one of his friend). They even dare to compare that cracker to the life of a person being kidnapped.

When Catholics say that they won't tolerate something like that, they REALLY mean it. That guy received death threats, and is now facing expulsion of his University (and his friend too).
PZ Myers, who wrote the article «IT'S A FRACKIN' CRACKER!» (http://scienceblogs.com/phary ngula/2008/07/its_a_goddamned_ cracker.php) ended up, also, receiving death threats.
Reminds me the Mahomet caricature story, don't you think?

So here I am. Me, and a bunch of consecrated Eucharist, ready to take the EUCHARIST CHALLENGE. Me and my friends will work together to get our hands on a consecrated Eucharist, each day. From now on, one Eucharist desecration a day, and each day a different method. If they want blaspheme, we'll give 'em blaspheme.
P.S: Feel free to give me ideas on how to desecrate them.
Schools: Biology student
Interests and Hobbies: Nature, Religion, Photography and Eucharists Desecration.
Movies and Shows: The Root of All Evil, The Ennemies of Reason, Jesus Camp, The thing, V for Vendetta
Music: Metal
Books: The God delusion[/quote]