An Old School Catholic Message Board

"the Hope Of The Promise: An Exploration Of God’s Promise To Isra

Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

Everyone, a wonderful conference is taking place at Catholic University in DC this weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun) and [b]the event coordinators very much want to fill seats[/b]. They are spreading the word that anyone is welcome EVEN IF YOU CANNOT PAY THE REGISTRATION FEES. They really, really want to fill the seats. PLEASE consider attending if you are in the DC area--or consider that if you are close enough to come for the weekend you would only have to pay for your hotel since the conference is now effectively FREE. They would be happy for a small donation if you can do it.

Please share this with your friends and family in the DC Metro area. It is a very, very important conference with lots of amazing speakers.

[b]Did I mention you don't have to pay??? Just a small donation IF you can manage it. [/b]

Please spread the word--[b]the Papal Nuncio, Archbishop Pietro Sambi, will be the keynote speaker on Friday and the main celebrant of the Mass at the Basilica on Saturday.[/b]

Please try very, very hard not to miss this amazing opportunity. If you have questions feel free to PM me.

Here is the website. Look over the topics and the schedule. It is amazing stuff and a very unique aspect of our Faith and our cultural heritage.

[url="http://www.insidethevatican.com/conference.htm"]http://www.insidethevatican.com/conference.htm[/url]

Madame Vengier

Also, please forward the above post to any college students in the DC area that you know of--or to any young adult groups in the area. ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF. Thanks.

:ohno:

I was in the DC area two weeks ago...

I don't know too many people but I'll let the people I do know in the area about it.
Thanks
Meg

Madame Vengier

*bump*

I keep bumping this because there's not much time left. I remember when I posted about this conference a few weeks back there was at least one Phatmasser who said he/she is in the area and was going to try to attend. I wish I could remember who that was. I would like to PM him/her that it's free now if she/he can't afford the registration.

hey that conference was awesome! thanks for the heads up MV! lol...i didn't see this thread until now! great speakers on the Jewish roots of Catholicism!

this was a kind of conference i've looked forward to for a long time! special highlights for me were listening/seeing Fr. Mitch Pacwa and Sr.--that's right, she was wearing a habit!--Sr. Rosalind Moss! Father used three Jewish feasts as lenses that St. Paul saw through. Sister broke down salvation history and gave her heartfelt testimony on her encounter with Our Lady. Later i met them both!

i wish more people went!

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Seven77' post='1667024' date='Sep 30 2008, 02:01 PM']hey that conference was awesome! thanks for the heads up MV! lol...i didn't see this thread until now! great speakers on the Jewish roots of Catholicism!

this was a kind of conference i've looked forward to for a long time! special highlights for me were listening/seeing Fr. Mitch Pacwa and Sr.--that's right, she was wearing a habit!--Sr. Rosalind Moss! Father used three Jewish feasts as lenses that St. Paul saw through. Sister broke down salvation history and gave her heartfelt testimony on her encounter with Our Lady. Later i met them both!

i wish more people went![/quote]

I missed the two you mentioned, BUT I got the CDs. :) So I will listen to them soon.

My fave was Roy Schoeman's talk. But I'm most looking forward to Dr. Paul Schenck's talk (missed it; have CD). I also found Bill Doino's talk on Pius XII very enlightening. I am so happy with all the great materials coming out in defense of Pius XII and bringing to light all the things he did to save the Jews of Rome. Seems like at least every year some new materials come out. My fave is 'The Myth of Hitler's Pope' written by a Rabbi.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1667050' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:48 PM']My fave is 'The Myth of Hitler's Pope' written by a Rabbi.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
awesome book :cool: and you're right, more people need to get the correct information about him out there.

MV,

i was only there for Sunday. when were you around that day? did you go to the Latin Mass on Sat.?

i'm guessing the cds will be made available on the ITV site...im definitely getting the ones i missed.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1667050' date='Sep 30 2008, 02:48 PM']I missed the two you mentioned, BUT I got the CDs. :) So I will listen to them soon.

My fave was Roy Schoeman's talk. But I'm most looking forward to Dr. Paul Schenck's talk (missed it; have CD). I also found Bill Doino's talk on Pius XII very enlightening. I am so happy with all the great materials coming out in defense of Pius XII and bringing to light all the things he did to save the Jews of Rome. Seems like at least every year some new materials come out. My fave is 'The Myth of Hitler's Pope' written by a Rabbi.[/quote]

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Seven77' post='1667078' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:40 PM']MV,

i was only there for Sunday. when were you around that day? did you go to the Latin Mass on Sat.?

i'm guessing the cds will be made available on the ITV site...im definitely getting the ones i missed.[/quote]

I was at the Mass. It was really lovely. You could have bought the CDs there at the conference. But yes, I'm sure you can get them through the site, too.

Did you read 'Salvation is From the Jews'???

Madame Vengier

[quote name='mortify' post='1667177' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:03 PM']I hope it isn't about the contemporary Jewish claim to certain land in the middle east.[/quote]

Oh please. This is totally, completely, absolutely and 100% off-base and uncalled for. Look at the link that was posted both for Schoeman's website/book and for the conference.

This is NOT political and is NOT about the mideast conflict. It is about the origin of salvation history and the relationship between Judaism and the Church within that salvation history. This is about theology, not politics.

That being said, the Jews "claim" to "certain land" is most certainly not "contemporary". They only want what God gave them 4,000 years ago. Nothing contemporary about it. That land is their birthright. And it's in the Bible, so let's not try to argue otherwise.

Edited by Madame Vengier

Archaeology cat

Sounds like it was really interesting! I'd love to hear more, really. I was the lone Christian in the Hillel group on campus, when I was taking Hebrew, and I loved learning about some of the festivals. Sukkoth is fun. :)