An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clay Aiken's Coming Out/being A Born-again Christian

Dave

I guess by now it's probably old news that singer Clay Aiken has come out of the closet and admitted to being gay, which he discusses in the upcoming issue of People Magazine. I happened to come across this quote from him, which I believe is featured in the article:

[quote]"I still consider myself a born-again Christian, and I am absolutely comfortable with that, and comfortable with my salvation."[/quote]

Well if he intends to actually practice the homosexual lifestyle and not live chastely, he could very well be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day. At any rate, if, in fact, he doesn't intend to be chaste, then this sadly shows what the "once saved, always saved" false doctrine often leads to, namely, the notion that you can go out and do whatever you want and still go to heaven. He needs our prayers.

I dunno, does he have like a boyfriend or something? If he pulls off being chaste then he could be a great role model for people with SSA.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Maggie' post='1663578' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:05 PM']I dunno, does he have like a boyfriend or something? If he pulls off being chaste then he could be a great role model for people with SSA.[/quote]

He might not currently have a boyfriend, but what's the point of "coming out of the closet" unless he wants to be openly gay (and by that I mean have relationships with other gay men)? It would be nice if he were tacking a chastity message along with the "I'm gay" but considering he hasn't.... I highly doubt that's his intention.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1663584' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:15 PM']Salvation shouldn't be comfortable.[/quote]

I am kinda confused by what you said here....what do you mean?

[quote name='picchick' post='1663591' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:23 PM']I am kinda confused by what you said here....what do you mean?[/quote]
He means that salvation shouldn't be a nice worn out pair of jeans, or a soft cotton shirt.

I think that we should never be comfortable that we are going to be saved. Paul tells us to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1663608' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:42 PM']He means that salvation shouldn't be a nice worn out pair of jeans, or a soft cotton shirt.[/quote]

Salvation is a hairshirt, then? I didn't know we still used those.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1663608' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:42 PM']He means that salvation shouldn't be a nice worn out pair of jeans, or a soft cotton shirt.[/quote]

ooooohhhhhhhh.....

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1663610' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:43 PM']I think that we should never be comfortable that we are going to be saved. Paul tells us to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.[/quote]

I guess I am confusing joy with confortable? I don't know. I wasn't asking in a defensive way, more of a curious way. :topsy: I think that we should always strive towards heaven even if we are "saved" however, I think that I find joy in the fact that someday I hope to be in heaven. I guess?

I know what I want to say but can't find the words to say it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='picchick' post='1663616' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:50 PM']I guess I am confusing joy with confortable? I don't know. I wasn't asking in a defensive way, more of a curious way. :topsy: I think that we should always strive towards heaven even if we are "saved" however, I think that I find joy in the fact that someday I hope to be in heaven. I guess?[/quote]
Perhaps he was talking about how we should never become complacent in our salvation. At least that's how I interpreted the statement. :idontknow:

His salvation will be between him and God; any inconsistencies between his personal beliefs and Christianity will have to be, forgive me, outed. But his particular judgement we cannot know. Lest I cause scandal, let me make it clear that homosexuality is clearly disordered, but individual culpability will vary, especially as alledgedly Christian leaders approve of it.

Madame Vengier

Yeah. Clay Aiken is gay. What next? The sky is blue? The grass is green?

Most people had this figured out even while he was lying through his teeth for the past 3 years. I just don't understand his "fans". Like the ones who show up at his concerts wearing T-shirts alluding to his "sexiness" (???) and the fans' undying sexual attraction for him. That's what I don't understand.

As for him being a Christian and openly/actively gay--well, he's not the first to pull this trick.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1663743' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:41 PM']I'm just surprised that anyone is surprised.[/quote]

:lol: I have no clue who Clay Aiken is!!! :unsure: I guess this is going to be a bad thing.
[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1663750' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:46 PM']Yeah. Clay Aiken is gay. What next? The sky is blue? The grass is green?

Most people had this figured out even while he was lying through his teeth for the past 3 years. I just don't understand his "fans". Like the ones who show up at his concerts wearing T-shirts alluding to his "sexiness" (???) and the fans' undying sexual attraction for him. That's what I don't understand.

As for him being a Christian and openly/actively gay--well, he's not the first to pull this trick.[/quote]

The sky is blue???? The grass is green?????

:P

I totally understand the fans. Before Lance Bass came out of the closet, I had the hots for him...of course I was young then. Now I think his eyes are crossed and he is totally not my type. But my brother called it when N'Sync became famous. Of course back then I totally denied it (teenage agnst?). Now I laugh because he was so totally right.

[quote name='Dave' post='1663494' date='Sep 25 2008, 01:17 PM']I guess by now it's probably old news that singer Clay Aiken has come out of the closet and admitted to being gay, which he discusses in the upcoming issue of People Magazine. I happened to come across this quote from him, which I believe is featured in the article:

Well if he intends to actually practice the homosexual lifestyle and not live chastely, he could very well be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day. At any rate, if, in fact, he doesn't intend to be chaste, then this sadly shows what the "once saved, always saved" false doctrine often leads to, namely, the notion that you can go out and do whatever you want and still go to heaven. He needs our prayers.[/quote]

Although I strongly disagree with much of born again Christianity, at least he's interested in Jesus and it'll probably do him more good than harm. His career on the other hand, not even Oral Roberts could save that. -Katie