An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clay Aiken's Coming Out/being A Born-again Christian

Dave

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1663750' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:46 PM']Yeah. Clay Aiken is gay. What next? The sky is blue? The grass is green?[/quote]
No doubt best post of the day

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1663743' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:41 PM']I'm just surprised that anyone is surprised.[/quote]

I almost said the same thing. More along the lines of "How is this news anyway? Didn't the whole world already know the first time they laid eyes on the man?"

His coming out is just another cherry on that dysfunctional sundae. I mean, he fathered a child out of wedlock with a platonic lady friend the ol' turkey baster way...

MadTV made fun of Clay Aiken in a skit probably close to ten years ago now, and they made him seem so gay... :P I don't think anyone is surprised by this.

Generic warning: crude humour. Rated 14A, etc. etc. etc.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPhthIJ3aY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPhthIJ3aY[/url]

I like MadTV. :) No, it's not Catholic. Not even close. It has zero positive messages. It's vile and depraved. I still like it. :))

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1663875' date='Sep 25 2008, 10:04 PM']It was broken in 'Duh Magazine'[/quote]
Another Conan fan!! :smokey:

[quote name='picchick' post='1663591' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:23 PM']I am kinda confused by what you said here....what do you mean?[/quote]

Clay Aiken's words are, "I still consider myself a born-again Christian, and I am absolutely comfortable with that, and comfortable with my salvation."

I suppose what he really means is "assured" of his salvation, and while that might be a bit better, he's clearly missed the point. How many saints were focused on their own salvation?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1663931' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:18 PM']MadTV made fun of Clay Aiken in a skit probably close to ten years ago now,[/quote]

He wasn't around 10 years ago. More like about 3 or 4 years. :)

MadTV is pretty awesome sometimes. Crude often, but points well made.

I would be careful about the "I knew that the moment I set eyes on him" statements. We shouldn't be judging someone's sexuality from the way their appearance... I mean of course there are exceptions (crossdressers, etc) but in general, the way someone dresses or does their hair does not give us a right to place bets on their 'sexual preference'.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1664988' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:28 PM']i also have no idea who this person is. i'm blessed indeed!![/quote]

He was the runner-up on the 2nd season of American Idol. His songs seem to be aimed more toward adult contemporary radio rather than Top 40 radio.

[quote name='Dave' post='1665121' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:09 PM']He was the runner-up on the 2nd season of American Idol. His songs seem to be aimed more toward adult contemporary radio rather than Top 40 radio.[/quote]

I happen to like Adult Contemporary...

:saint:

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1664587' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:01 PM']He wasn't around 10 years ago. More like about 3 or 4 years. :)[/quote]
haha, ok. I'll accept that. I'm young. 3 years... 10 years... basically the same thing to me. ;)