An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[url="http://greatcatholicmonarch.blogspot.com/2008/09/introduction-to-great-catholic-monarch.html"]http://greatcatholicmonarch.blogspot.com/2...ic-monarch.html[/url]

from my blog:

There is a mysterious and intriguing figure in Catholic eschatology known as the Great Monarch. He and the events of his life are mentioned in various books of Sacred Scripture, the private revelations of Saints and Mystics, and the speculations of a few Catholic authors. I have known about him for about eight years, yet it was not up until about three years ago that I became consumed with discovering more about him. As an introduction I would like to share a general list of things I have learned about him:

* He will be born in Europe of a royal French and German blood line, shortly before the beginning of the first part of the Tribulation.
* According to Providence his life will be enmeshed with the events of the first part of the Tribulation.
* In his youth he will be forced into exile as a result of the invasion of the Arab federation of nations (led by two prominent Arab kings). This invasion and the ensuing war will be known as WWIII.
* In exile he will be educated as a Catholic and trained in the military.
* When he reaches full maturity he will establish a religious order composed of three branches: military, priestly, and medical.
* He will become a prominent political and military leader among allied nations who opposed to the Arab empire (who are victorious in WWIII and will occupy Europe, the Middle East and Northern Africa).
* He will be encouraged by and work together with the holy pope known in eschatology as the Angelic Shepherd.
* He and the Angelic Shepherd will help convince a set of allied nations to wage war against the Arab kings and their vast Arab empire.
* His war will come to be known as WWIV. It will be the most terrible and glorious war the world has ever seen.
* By the help of God and the holy Angels, the Great Monarch and his military will be successful and retake Europe, the Middle East, and Northern Africa. He will also be rescue the state of Israel (including Jerusalem) from a long siege.
* After the war (about three years later) he will be made king of all the lands he helped to conquer.
* His reign and kingdom (lasting about 25 years) will be one of unprecedented peace, holiness, and concord with the Holy Catholic Church.
* He will rebuild Jerusalem and the surrounding area. He will also be instrumental in rebuilding the basilicas of Jerusalem, the Vatican City, and a new one in Iran.
* He will have no descendants, and after his death his kingdom will be divided into four lesser parts.
* He will be known as the greatest of all Christian, Hebrew, and historical kings. And he will be known as one of the holiest of Saints.

A couple of years ago I wrote a book called "Songs and Prophecies of the Great Monarch." Although I did come up with a few good insights, I must admit it was a rushed effort fueled by the emotion and enthusiasm of having learned so much about this subject in such a short time. As time passed, I became dissatisfied with it and since have slowly been working on a new book. Yet for some reason I cannot finish it. Perhaps it is my anxiety, or lack of confidence in my abilities, or perhaps it is lack of quality time I have had to work on it. In any case I cannot seem to put it together as a coherent whole.

And so in the mean time over the next few months, I have decided to post a series of detailed articles covering the prophetic events of the life and times of the Great Catholic Monarch. Hopefully the informal format of a blog will suit me better. For now I will leave you with a little poem:

By the power and mercy of God,
The Great Monarch shall rise.
Amidst suffering he shall be a gift of God,
wrought for salvation.
And his deeds shall shine,
and outnumber the stars.
And his songs will be sung,
even unto the end of the world.
Glory to God who has risen the Great Monarch,
From the mists of prophesy for this generation!

The only and I mean only reason I posted this here is because there was another thread from the past where I promised a free download of the new book, but the book is not finished as you should have read above. And so I thought I might mention that for now I am posting a series of articles at the blog.

Peace and grace to you.

I have his book, but haven't gotten around to reading more than a few chapters, so I'm wondering if Desmond Birch talks about any of this in "Trial, Tribulation, and Triumph"?

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1664087' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:20 AM']I only see one flaw in your divination. You claim that a king of French descent is going to conquer Europe?

:hehehe:[/quote]

Just remember that most of France's biggest losses weren't while a King was on the throne.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1664087' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:20 AM']I only see one flaw in your divination. You claim that a king of French descent is going to conquer Europe?

nice one. Well thank God he will be of mixed royal blood. I am certain the German part is Hapsburg. He'll be a direct descendant to Blessed Charles II of Austria. He was beautified a few years ago.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1664060' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:56 AM']I have his book, but haven't gotten around to reading more than a few chapters, so I'm wondering if Desmond Birch talks about any of this in "Trial, Tribulation, and Triumph"?[/quote]
I believe he does have a chapter on the Great Monarch, but I'm not sure if he bases any of his speculations in Sacred Scripture. I believe he only relies on private revelation.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1664087' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:20 AM']I only see one flaw in your divination. You claim that a king of French descent is going to conquer Europe?

Well, that would be a sign of divine intervention, now wouldn't it? ;)

[quote name='kafka' post='1664138' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:59 PM']I believe he does have a chapter on the Great Monarch, but I'm not sure if he bases any of his speculations in Sacred Scripture. I believe he only relies on private revelation.[/quote]

My understanding is his book is simply a summation of Catholic teaching on eschatology from Tradition and Scripture, along with private revelation on the more speculation-based-on-Truth side of things. You seem to think he's all speculation.

So now, just like with Protestant endtimes speculatiors, it's back to one guy versus another. As I told a Protestant friend the other day, I think the true Catholic teaching on eschatology is summed up in three words: Jesus comes back. Going beyond that immediately seems to cross into the territory of interpretations lacking true authority. It's fun to think about, but that's about.

I will say this, though: I can't help but notice this thread is about the "Great Catholic Monarch" while there is another thread somewhere on the phorum about Great Britain possibily removing the ban against a Catholic sitting on their throne... hmmm. :)

Edited by LouisvilleFan

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1664187' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:42 PM']My understanding is his book is simply a summation of Catholic teaching on eschatology from Tradition and Scripture, along with private revelation on the more speculation-based-on-Truth side of things. You seem to think he's all speculation.[/quote]
not at all. I havent read his book, but I read some reviews and they mention that he covers the private revelations about the GM, but no mention about the GM in Sacred Scripture. In my experience I have rarely seen any Catholic authors make any original insights about the GM based on passages of Sacred Scripture. From what I've read they tend to rely solely

In any case, though based on Sacred Scripture and private revelation most of what we know about the GM is theological speculation/pious opinion since the Magisterium hasnt infallibly or non-infallibly taught about him. I suppose the ordinary/universal Magisterium may have non-infallibly taught about him in a very limited way in some dioceses in Europe, but if so that would be rare.

If you are reading that book I would be interested to know if Birch comes up with any insights about the Great Monarch based on the explicit or implicit sense of Sacred Scripture. Please let me know!

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1664187' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:42 PM']So now, just like with Protestant endtimes speculatiors, it's back to one guy versus another. As I told a Protestant friend the other day, I think the true Catholic teaching on eschatology is summed up in three words: Jesus comes back. Going beyond that immediately seems to cross into the territory of interpretations lacking true authority. It's fun to think about, but that's about.[/quote]
the Protestants lack the Sacraments of Confirmation and the Holy Eucharist. Therefore, their intrepretations lack the special guidance of the Holy Spririt. True, speculative theologians have no authority, and so the faithful must consider and meditate and discover what might be true in their writings. Speculative theology is an important part of the life of the Church.

Most eschatological teachings fall under theological speculation/pious opinion. There are only a handful of infallible eschatological teachings such as the General Tribulation before Christ's Coming, Second Return of Christ, the General Resurrection, the General Judgment, maybe a few others.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1664087' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:20 AM']I only see one flaw in your divination. You claim that a king of French descent is going to conquer Europe?

Um, Napoleon, anyone?

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1664237' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:51 PM']Um, Napoleon, anyone?[/quote]
I assume you mean Napoleone di Buonaparte, of Italian descent? :mellow:

Edited by notardillacid

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1664367' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:29 PM']I assume you mean Napoleone di Buonaparte, of Italian descent? :mellow:[/quote]
Otherwise styled as The Corsican

[quote name='kafka' post='1664203' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:09 PM']not at all. I havent read his book, but I read some reviews and they mention that he covers the private revelations about the GM, but no mention about the GM in Sacred Scripture. In my experience I have rarely seen any Catholic authors make any original insights about the GM based on passages of Sacred Scripture. From what I've read they tend to rely solely[/quote]

If you're writing your own book about Catholic eschatology, seems you should read Birch's, at least because it seems like a great resource. I've only read the chapters that summarize Catholic teaching on the end times, but eventually I'll read the whole thing. It's a pretty big book, though, so it'll take a while even after I get started on it.

You seem pretty convinced that there will be a Great Monarch. What if there isn't one?

[quote name='kafka' post='1664203' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:09 PM']If you are reading that book I would be interested to know if Birch comes up with any insights about the Great Monarch based on the explicit or implicit sense of Sacred Scripture. Please let me know![/quote]

Actually, I could check the index pretty easily... I'll let you know.