An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Catholic Monarch Of Prophecy

kafka

[quote name='kafka' post='1664580' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:42 PM']I have an interesting partial answer for you.

First, I am curious to know why you are asking this so I can better answer your question.[/quote]

I am just curious if anyone has found in scripture and the such about WWII. I mean I know that there are people in ancient history who has done so (minus the scripture part) but I am curious as to modern prophecies. For example, people are predicting the end times and the events surrounding it now...has anyone done likewise for WWII using sacred scripture.

Thanks,
Meg

[quote name='picchick' post='1664629' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:31 PM']I am just curious if anyone has found in scripture and the such about WWII. I mean I know that there are people in ancient history who has done so (minus the scripture part) but I am curious as to modern prophecies. For example, people are predicting the end times and the events surrounding it now...has anyone done likewise for WWII using sacred scripture.

Thanks,
Meg[/quote]
Father R Gerald Cullerton, author of the book "The Prophets and Our Times" believed WWII was the fulfillment of some of the private revelations and some of the prophecies of Scripture, but as time went buy it was clear that he was incorrect on his speculations.

As far as someone predicitng WWII based on Sacred Scripture. I've never heard of anyone doing so for certain, though like you said, I have read some interesting so-called prophecies by a few obscure visionaries from the Middle Ages up to modern times who seemed to have had some premonition or vision of WWII. Check Ven. Holhauzer's writings, if I recall correctly I think he mentions what might be WWII. The problem with his writings though is that it is disputed whether or not they are private revelation or his own insights based on Scripture, priv rev, etc. Also Nostradamus certainly predicted it, but God knows where he got his predictions from. He is way to controversial to draw from, and rightly so.

That being said World War I & II certainly were providential in setting up the end times. In 1948 an event occured which was an indirect consequence of WWI. This event is significant in salvation history and is mentioned in Bible, at least in my opinion and the opinion of others. Also the monarchies of Europe were abolished in WWI. It is said in some of the private revelations that the Great Monarch would be in so many words a descendant of a lost royal bloodline no longer in power.

So I think that God's providence has been in work for a long time leading us to the beginning of His plan to change the world, but I dont think that WWI or WWII are in Sacred Scripture as far as my limited understanding can tell.

alright I'm definitely going to wind down now until tommorrow.

Edited by kafka

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1664857' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:29 AM']lost bloodline? Sounds like an Aragorn legacy :mellow:

cool! :lol:[/quote]
sometimes I wonder if Tolkein had read some of the prophecies of the GM, and framed Aragorn off of some of those ideas. Either that or he had the gift of premonition as often authors, artists, poets, etc. certainly seem to sometimes possess.

[quote name='kafka' post='1665242' date='Sep 27 2008, 05:53 PM']why?[/quote]

Because the Slav soul is more receptive to God's grace... I'm joking of course (or am I?) I just don't find anything particular about German or Frankish ancestry that would merit one of their line being a Great Catholic Monarch.