An Old School Catholic Message Board

Desecration Of The Eucharist

Don John of Austria

Is the eminent desecration of the Eucharist justicfication for the use of deadly force  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1666387' date='Sep 29 2008, 05:28 PM']In my humble opinon Don John these "people" should be killed asap.[/quote]

You are not who I expected to hear that from.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1666407' date='Sep 29 2008, 05:48 PM']You are not who I expected to hear that from.[/quote]

ya, i gotta quit being so clueless
these antichrist and devils really want war :shield:

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1665992' date='Sep 28 2008, 09:33 PM']Found this on AntiCatholicTube

:deal:

[i]
[b]5. Promotes hatred or violence against a protected group
Hate speech is content that promotes or encourages hatred or violence towards a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity.[/b]
The link is not here...but [url="http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=78716"]here[/url]!

Now the question is.....do all these desecration videos fall under this? I strongly think yes.

These videos should not be :welcome: according to youtube's policy and they should be :banned: although I wonder if the person checking the flags is biased? :seesaw:[/quote]

Definitely... we should flag the vids.

Though yes, the person checking the flags is probably biased, in my not-so-optimistic opinion. But you never know...

I wouldn't use deadly force, but I would do all I could to stop the desecration, I wouldn't just stand their and watch it happen. If the perpetrator(s) get some bumps, bruises or broken body parts, oops.

Edited by Maximilianus

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1664405' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:15 PM']First let me appologize for saying Principal instead of Principle. I can't believe i did that.[/quote]

I catch myself all the time switching homophones when I'm typing... I think two words that sound the same, but are spelled differently, are called homophones... pullin' that one from way back in the files of 3rd grade English class. :)

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1664405' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:15 PM']The Principle of Forfeiture is a tenet of Natural Law theory that says basically, that there are actions which people can take by which they forfeit there own right to live. Thus one does not have to worry about the Principle of Double Effect, they have forfeited their own right to live and therefore they can be killed. This is a major reason why capital punishment has always been accepted by the Church, and is totally in keeping with Church teaching. However, it makes many moderns quite uneasy.[/quote]

I see... so to answer that, no, I don't think desecration of a sacrament causes a person to forfeit their right to live. The Church has always taught that capital punishment is acceptable, but it is also a last resort that is rarely necessary in first-world countries with modern prison systems, not to mention advanced psychological/psychiatric treatment.

I saw a headline the other day that YouTube is allowing videos showing descration of the Eucharist. I'm a bit surprised there are videos of such things. Just how many people out there are doing this stuff, and is it really that easy for them to obtain a cosecrated hosts?

[quote]I saw a headline the other day that YouTube is allowing videos showing descration of the Eucharist. I'm a bit surprised there are videos of such things. Just how many people out there are doing this stuff, and is it really that easy for them to obtain a cosecrated hosts[/quote]

They need to be more selective as to whom they give communion to, then.

Shame on youtube. Any other hate speech and those videos would have been yanked.

[quote name='Selah' post='1666791' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:27 AM']I'd go Avatar State on them :P

No, seriously...we say we'll protest and write youtube, but are we? Are we doing just that? I know I am![/quote]

I agree. Too many Catholics who are all talk. It's more admirable to be peacefully engaged in protest then it is to sit around debating the use of violence.

Edited by abercius24