An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Debate Thread

SaintOlaf

McCain is railing Obama on this pork barrel spending and earmark stuff, and Obama just side stepped it and avoided it completely.... weak.

I actually think McCain is doing better so far than i thought he would. I think that his campaign "suspension" may have hurt him but debates can change all of this.

Now he's just re-itterating what Bill Clinton said the other night on Larry King Live when he sided with McCain on a lot of stuff.... how original.

:lol_pound: the glare Obama just shot McCain after saying he didn't know the difference between a strategy and a tactic was hillarious... it was like "he just called me out, and now I'm uber-pissed"

Obama stutters a lot and he isn't resonating as much as I thought he would. There's a lot of things that he really could capitalize off of, such as the Iraq war.

McCain sounds less nervous and more clear and measured, though maybe a bit too soft and friendly.

Maybe it's because I've been feeling under the weather and just listening over the radio but there doesn't seem to be a lot of fireworks.

He does stutter a lot.
He doesn't look believable.

He said that there was no Al Qaida in Iraq before the war. There was al quaida in Florida, New York, Texas, England, Pakistan, Afghanistan, BUT NOT in IRAQ. No sir!!
:drunk:

Edited by Saint Therese

nice right cross, Senator McCain. Way to bring to the front Obama's utter lack of experience and knowledge of foreign policy with that comment about the state of pakistan.