An Old School Catholic Message Board

Supporting The Poor Reduces Abortions.

flip

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1665778' date='Sep 28 2008, 02:36 PM']Where in this does Dairy say something about race? Am I just not seeing it? Are you assuming that by poor she means race?[/quote]

black women are disproportionatly represented in abortions and poverty.

I assume the same problems exist with poor rural whites. However the school I went to was poor black and in the projects not poor white and in the country.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665813' date='Sep 28 2008, 04:02 PM']black women are disproportionatly represented in abortions and poverty.

I assume the same problems exist with poor rural whites. However the school I went to was poor black and in the projects not poor white and in the country.[/quote]

Planned Parenthood does place abortion clinics in or closer to the black population of a city. This I do believe that is racist, and was the dream of PP racist founder.

PP encourages all women to be on contraception, knowing full well the failure rate. THen they are there to monetarily profit by the murder of the child, and of course more contraception for the mother in a truly diabolical cycle of money and death.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1665827' date='Sep 28 2008, 04:32 PM']Planned Parenthood does place abortion clinics in or closer to the black population of a city. This I do believe that is racist, and was the dream of PP racist founder.[/quote]

It is unfair to make that assumption about PP. Their founder was a bigot (not just racist, she hated Catholic too). Black populations are generally poorer and make up a large section of the abortion seeking population. I don't see the proximity racist as much as simply practical.

I would prefer to stick to the link of Abortion and Poverty.

Catholics must make a choice, as much as I generally loath Sean Hannity he is right in supporting Birth Control to reduce Abortions. If you wish Abortion rates to go down you need to attack the problem at the roots. Help eradicate poverty, put better sex ed in the schools and encourage respect for life.

That means respect for all life. I find nothing more hypocritical than "pro-lifers" talking about establishing a culture of life while being part of modern day American neo-conservative militarism. When the "religious right" supports foreign policy that kills children by the thousands they have no standing to talk about life.

To be fair, it is not just the religious lright. America needs true respect for all life, and not just American life or unborn babies. I remember reading Clinton's Sec. of State saying, in response to news that our embargo on Iraq had led directly to the deaths of hald a million Iraqi children (an embargo Pope John Paul the Great opposed) that it was a "worth the price". I don't know of anything I consider worth the lives of half a million children, absolutly not American hegemonic dominance in the Gulf.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1665828' date='Sep 28 2008, 04:37 PM']PP encourages all women to be on contraception, knowing full well the failure rate. THen they are there to monetarily profit by the murder of the child, and of course more contraception for the mother in a truly diabolical cycle of money and death.[/quote]

Contraception is very effective. If you wish to oppose BC by fiat that is your right, but the science is there.

Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[9]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1665845' date='Sep 28 2008, 04:22 PM']Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[9][/quote]

And that proves what?

Half of women seeking abortion used BC the month they got pregnant, that is out of how many women who had sex, with BC that month? Intuitively I would say that in a country of 300,000,000 people (about 100,000,000 are women of age to be sexually active) quite a few women are getting intimate with a man in any given month.

According to your statistics about 50,000 abortions per month are ontained by women who used BC. even if one one fourth of women in the US from ages 15-64 are sexually active in a given month and useing BC that is still a very, very, very small fail rate.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665773' date='Sep 28 2008, 03:32 PM'][i]even i who has a tendency to the left on econ issues, have said that i'm hesitant to extend benefit to women who cna't keep their legs shut. they're poor but they put themselves into it, and their kids would have to suffer a little or their parents' mistake, it's the natural order. [/i][/quote]
"Poor" is not a race.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665843' date='Sep 28 2008, 05:18 PM']Contraception is very effective.[/quote]

It effectively destroys the sanctity of the marital act, it effectively causes all kinds of problems including but not limited to unnatural periods, imbalanced hormones, messed-up pheromones, and breast cancer.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1665918' date='Sep 28 2008, 06:59 PM']It effectively destroys the sanctity of the marital act, it effectively causes all kinds of problems including but not limited to unnatural periods, imbalanced hormones, messed-up pheromones, and breast cancer.[/quote]

According to Catholics.

Religions all over the world allow Birth Control and those religion's respective followers often enjoy marriages jus as healthy as Catholic marriages.

it can cause some problems, abstinance can corelate with higher rates of prostrate cancer.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665924' date='Sep 28 2008, 08:17 PM']According to Catholics.

Religions all over the world allow Birth Control and those religion's respective followers often enjoy marriages jus as healthy as Catholic marriages.

it can cause some problems, abstinance can corelate with higher rates of prostrate cancer.[/quote]

Please, provide the proof! I have never in my life heard of abstinence causing cancer! Who the heck have you been listening to? :rolleyes:

I can't speak for " religions all over the world" or if they live marriages "just as healthy" as Catholic marriages, but I'd like to know why protestants seem much more likely to get divorced and remarried than Catholics.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1665928' date='Sep 28 2008, 07:19 PM']Please, provide the proof! I have never in my life heard of abstinence causing cancer! Who the heck have you been listening to? :rolleyes:

I can't speak for " religions all over the world" or if they live marriages "just as healthy" as Catholic marriages, but I'd like to know why protestants seem much more likely to get divorced and remarried than Catholics.[/quote]

[url="http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/08/cz_af_1008health.html"]http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/08/cz_af_1008health.html[/url]

Furthermore there are more religions than protestant. Do you have any evidence that Catholics who renounce Birth Control enjoy a higher rate of marital happiness than all other groups?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1664935' date='Sep 27 2008, 11:38 AM']even i who has a tendency to the left on econ issues, have said that i'm hesitant to extend benefit to women who cna't keep their legs shut. they're poor but they put themselves into it, and their kids would have to suffer a little or their parents' mistake, it's the natural order.[/quote]

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1665655' date='Sep 28 2008, 11:09 AM']I fully agree with that. There are very many people who are where they are because they are irresponsible with their money, their bodies, and ultimately their families. These are people who choose not to delay gratification.[/quote]

what about the poor who are neither irresponsible or loose? many poor people are poor through no fault of their own. and also [i]what about[/i] those who choose not to delay gratification? we should help them too right? i mean we have these buildings called 'homes for unwed mothers'...no one asks if it's their fault.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1666917' date='Sep 30 2008, 12:47 PM']what about the poor who are neither irresponsible or loose? many poor people are poor through no fault of their own. and also [i]what about[/i] those who choose not to delay gratification? we should help them too right? i mean we have these buildings called 'homes for unwed mothers'...no one asks if it's their fault.[/quote]

I agree! No matter how they act, we still need to love and support them. Just today I was reading Scripture and came upon the story of the prostitute about to be stoned. Jesus didn't chastise her - he loved her. He saved her.

Edited by flip