An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aspirancy Begins Tomorrow

toservelove

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know I leave for my aspirancy with the Dominican sisters in Farmington Hills, MI. I'm a little excited and a little nervous. I'll be there for 6 weeks, and I've committed to that. So even if I freak out a little, or start to feel claustrophobic, or have a bad day, I know I'm there for 6 weeks, because those feelings usually go away. Please pray for me, as my discernment has been long and loopy. I'm hoping this is the place for me and I want to be open to God's will for me.

Thank you all for your prayers.

DiscerningSoul

Good Luck and CONGRATS!!!

Please pray for my Vocation discernment too and for fsmdude and all the desecrated Eucharist's

God Bless you! :saint:

I promise a prayer everyday for you for the the next six weeks, and a couple of votive candles too! I'm a bit claustrophobic myself. God bless your time with these sisters. Please post about it when you come back, I'm sure it will be appreciated by the discerners who lurk about this station!

I'll add you to the list of aspirants, observers, novices, and first professed that I pray for daily - I don't remember them all by name, location, and status, but the spirit reads our hearts better than we can read our own minds. And it is my belief that one prayer benefits ALL of the people we hold in our hearts. So you're on the list in my mind & heart, along with everyone else I'm aware of in a similar situation.

Trust in the Lord; you shall not tire.

You are going to have such a wonderful, blessed time. Any time spent behind cloistered walls is to be treasured. You might be enclosed, but trust me, there are wide open spaces back there. How wonderful that you will be doing this, it will answer so many of your questions. Fear not! Please report back when you return home, and be assured of all of our prayers.

Assurance of prayers. It's a beautiful, peaceful place although it's not out in the country any more, since the city grew up around it. Keep us posted when you come back.

Just looked at the website...I am so happy for you...and so envious, too! Six weeks there sounds like heaven to me...but I'd be on retreat, not considering a whole life. Will keep you in my prayers!

[url="http://www.opnuns-fh.org/"]http://www.opnuns-fh.org/[/url]