An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Became Pope (and Were Male)

tinytherese

:pope:

I'd like to dispute heresies like Pope St. Pius X. I'd also use technology for evangelization such as posting youtube videos and even blog if I had time. Edited by tinytherese

I'd clean out every Catholic university of any un-orthodox teaching or instructors. I love that has been done at my college. The change has been incredible. Then I'd make catechesis standardized from CCD, Catholic grade schools, RCIA. Every program would have to cover specific topics. Every diocese would have to offer lay formation programs to properly train those who would be teaching RCIA, first communion classes, etc. For those that can't afford to, or don't have the personnel to manage them, there would be online programs.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1666293' date='Sep 29 2008, 01:24 PM']I'd clean out every Catholic university of any un-orthodox teaching or instructors. I love that has been done at my college. The change has been incredible. Then I'd make catechesis standardized from CCD, Catholic grade schools, RCIA. Every program would have to cover specific topics. Every diocese would have to offer lay formation programs to properly train those who would be teaching RCIA, first communion classes, etc. For those that can't afford to, or don't have the personnel to manage them, there would be online programs.[/quote]

:bigclap: :punk:

[quote name='Roseoftherese' post='1666356' date='Sep 29 2008, 04:23 PM']I don't think this should be in the vocation forum :-)[/quote]

God might fill some discerning guy's heart with dreams to lead him to the priesthood and then one day years later pope. :saint:

How cool would that be having a phatmasser become pope? We could all say that we knew him when. :lol_roll:

Edited by tinytherese

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1666293' date='Sep 29 2008, 12:24 PM']I'd clean out every Catholic university of any un-orthodox teaching or instructors. I love that has been done at my college. The change has been incredible. Then I'd make catechesis standardized from CCD, Catholic grade schools, RCIA. Every program would have to cover specific topics. Every diocese would have to offer lay formation programs to properly train those who would be teaching RCIA, first communion classes, etc. For those that can't afford to, or don't have the personnel to manage them, there would be online programs.[/quote]

Agreed. And on a lighter note, I'd have a papal facebook.

JM + JT

I would start off fixing the Mass, making the NO what it was intended to be.

I sense a spinoff of this thread...

What name would you choose if you were elected Pope?

Pius XIII :pope:

Edited by salterrae

Domine ut Videam

If I were male and Pope, I would focus on rebuilding the spiritual life in my sheep. :saint:

A big focus on eucharistic adoration, marian devotion, spiritual fathers (St. John of the Cross), confession, etc....

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Chiara_' post='1666574' date='Sep 29 2008, 08:27 PM']Agreed. And on a lighter note, I'd have a papal facebook.[/quote]ooh! You'd be on my top friends! lol.

I'd hop on the papal skateboard and ride up and down the vatican. :topsy:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1666293' date='Sep 29 2008, 11:24 AM']I'd clean out every Catholic university of any un-orthodox teaching or instructors. I love that has been done at my college. The change has been incredible. Then I'd make catechesis standardized from CCD, Catholic grade schools, RCIA. Every program would have to cover specific topics. Every diocese would have to offer lay formation programs to properly train those who would be teaching RCIA, first communion classes, etc. For those that can't afford to, or don't have the personnel to manage them, there would be online programs.[/quote]

yep!

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1666740' date='Sep 29 2008, 10:53 PM']I'd hop on the papal skateboard and ride up and down the vatican. :topsy:[/quote]

yep! instead of skiing like JP2, i'd be the snowboarding Pope. some skateboarding. mountain biking.

oh.my.gosh. i could ask to drive a formula 1 car. ferrari's formula. one. car. it's in the vicinity. :drool:
oh ya and do what B16 is doing. :)

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1666781' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:34 AM']oh ya and do what B16 is doing. :)[/quote]:hehehe:

Ooh and I'd install a papal ice-arena! Olympic.

And I'd have to have a bobble head. :))

puellapaschalis

I think I'd do something like found a Catholic university somewhere in Europe that is completely solid, preferably near either Rome (so I can go and learn stuff) or Solesmes (Gregorian chant yay) or something. It needs to have a navigable website, with [b]decent[/b] translations in several languages, and where the lingua franca isn't English.

There'd be funds all over the place so that people could come even if they couldn't pay so much. Oh, and it'd be Benedictine, not only in terms of the altar but also in terms of the general atmosphere of the place :P

First thing I'd do is demand another vote. Wait a minute. When Paul VI did that he ended up winning by an even larger margin. Nevvermind :ninja:

I think I would work on Domine_ut_Videam's ideas first, then work on PP's idea. The location would be a bit south of Rome. Say, Montecassino :)

(there's less than 40 monks left in that huge abbey. sigh.)

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1666902' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:24 AM']And I'd have to have a bobble head. :))[/quote]

you mean there isn't one of b16 already?!