An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin Told To Give Up Candidacy

Nihil Obstat

[url="http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/MediaNews/2008/09/26/6897666-ap.html"]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/MediaNews/2008...6897666-ap.html[/url]

[quote]WASHINGTON - A conservative columnist who welcomed Sarah Palin's entry in national politics says she's proven to be a dud and should step aside as John McCain's running mate.

Kathleen Parker, writing in the National Review Online, says her "cringe reflex is exhausted" after watching the Alaska governor stumble through TV interviews and it's become clear to her that Palin is out of her league.

Parker says that like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly.

Palin, new to national politics, boosted Republican presidential nominee John McCain in polls and excited the party's core conservatives when he chose the first-term governor for his ticket.

Parker said she thought Palin was a refreshing feminist of a different order when she joined the ticket.

However, she says its become clear Palin doesn't know enough about economics or foreign policy to be president should that become necessary in a McCain administration.[/quote]

Thoughts on this?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1666335' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:14 PM'][url="http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/MediaNews/2008/09/26/6897666-ap.html"]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/MediaNews/2008...6897666-ap.html[/url]

Thoughts on this?[/quote]

Surprising coming form a conservative. Does her record show that she really is a conservative?

eagle_eye222001

Well see how Palin fares in the debate versus Biden. Until then, we don't have enough to really go either way on this decision

Palin has rallied the GOP when it sorely needed it.

Palin secures the Religious Right's vote

Palin has potential to draw in women voters.

Palin was nervous in interview with Couric but I am willing to overlook that. She did fine with ABC, I think she was extremely nervous.

Granted we will see Thursday night what she can do. Hopefully it's a lot because it is too late to switch candidates and drop out.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1666339' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:38 PM']Surprising coming form a conservative. Does her record show that she really is a conservative?[/quote]

It's not surprising. Noting that Palin is, to be very kind, less than brilliant need not be a partisan issue.

There are very intelligent conservatives out there, Sarah Palin is not one of them.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1666363' date='Sep 29 2008, 03:41 PM']It's not surprising. Noting that Palin is, to be very kind, less than brilliant need not be a partisan issue.

There are very intelligent conservatives out there, Sarah Palin is not one of them.[/quote]

It does kind of frighten me that she thinks all SSA is a choice and that evolution is false (both types) and that God put dino bones in the earth to trick us, but they never actually existed..but I mean look at the other option..

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1666365' date='Sep 29 2008, 03:44 PM']It does kind of frighten me that she thinks all SSA is a choice and that evolution is false (both types) and that God put dino bones in the earth to trick us, but they never actually existed..but I mean look at the other option..[/quote]

The other option, I assume you mean Obama, is nothing to be proud of, but infinitly better than Palin or McCain.

Good grief... a couple of weeks ago everyone was so sure that Biden was going to get the boot. Please. I highly doubt either one is changing his VP pick.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1666365' date='Sep 29 2008, 03:44 PM']and that God put dino bones in the earth to trick us, but they never actually existed[/quote]

well I don't believe in evolution either, but what? Is there a source for this?

We have definitely become a throw away society. Anything that doesn't immediately meet our needs gets the boot. She's probably still jetlagged.

Madame Vengier

I am so in-in-the-air on Palin. I was very interested at first, and I believe she was greatly and unfairly maligned by the left in the beginning. But now the dust is settling, she's had time to re-group and get ready. Yet her performance is being criticized by the people who originally supported her (or were at least willing to take a "wait and see" attitude). I don't think it's fair to cast doubt on the conservatism of Republicans who are questioning her abilities. Being discerning is part of life and actually a wise person should be discerning. I am definitely concerned about Palin and her performance. I just don't know.

KnightofChrist

In all honestly all this mess about Palin is amazing, she is not any where close to Biden's slip ups and hey down right lies. Palin has been beaten up every single day since McCain chose her, negative hit piece after negative hit piece. But Biden is given pass after pass after pass....

Everything on the VP side of this race is Bass Aackwards, Palin has not really mess up so much to have all this negative news, but Biden surely has.

biden doesn't have many slip ups in terms of saying stupid things, besids those who disagree with his politics and think it inherently stupid.
his problem is just lying.people come to expect it, as bad as that is.
blatant incomeptance though, esp when it has to do with the presidency, is definitely uncalled for.

no surprise, i'm an anti-palin, and always will be probably. and, i called her ineptitude etc long before others did. but, i'm still willing to give her the benefit of the VP debate to at least show she's not inept. everything else about her still stinks, but inept designations are just too mean to be thrown around without justification.
(studying up for the debate doens't help,, if its the only way she prevails, as she shouldve been schooled to begin with. but, at least she might be truly ready if she studies hard, for the debate, and presidency)

Edited by dairygirl4u2c