An Old School Catholic Message Board

"religulous" Is More Absurd Than Hateful

lilac_angel

[quote name='Hassan' post='1667102' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:07 PM']"On the other hand, it is pure nonsense to play Catholicism off against science. [b]After all, were it not for the role of the Catholic Church, there would have been no Scientific Revolution [/b]and no early breakthroughs in astronomy."

LOL!

That was Islamic Spain, Francis Bacon, and Gallello.

The Scientific Revolution would have come about just fine without the Catholic Church.[/quote]

Gallello?

Don't you mean Copernicus?

eagle_eye222001

I watched a trailer for this mock-u-mentary and from that I just saw them taking cheap shot, using illogical attacks, getting people's opinions but then spinning it so they or the religious subject matter sounds ridiculous.

I could do the opposite of what they did and interview atheists and cut them short and basically just make them look ridiculous. This could work both ways. Except the media would not let me get away with it..........and it would not be Christ-like. :pray:

This "film" deserves no space. Unfortunately, we will get the people who will watch this and cave in to the illogical attacks and become convinced we are wasting our time.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1669106' date='Oct 3 2008, 01:11 AM']I watched a trailer for this mock-u-mentary and from that I just saw them taking cheap shot, using illogical attacks, getting people's opinions but then spinning it so they or the religious subject matter sounds ridiculous.

I could do the opposite of what they did and interview atheists and cut them short and basically just make them look ridiculous. This could work both ways. Except the media would not let me get away with it..........and it would not be Christ-like. :pray:

This "film" deserves no space. Unfortunately, we will get the people who will watch this and cave in to the illogical attacks and become convinced we are wasting our time.[/quote]

What media is stoping you?

Some on the rights obsession with "media bias" is approaching the fetishistic.

The poor right is totally cut out from the media, overloaking the Cable News dominance that is Fox News, unblemished victories on Talk Radia, and numerous major inernet sights.

Talk Radio reachers many more viewers than MSNBC

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1668818' date='Oct 2 2008, 09:23 PM']Gallello?

Don't you mean Copernicus?[/quote]

Not so much for establishing the methodology