An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beards

kafka

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1667829' date='Oct 1 2008, 05:20 PM']Ray has a beard, therefore beards are wonderful.[/quote]
:yes:

Amen. Allelulia.

:mellow:

I like stubble; not sure how I feel about a full-on beard. My fiance doesn't shave for a few days at a time, and I really like that look. The first time we kissed I ended up with "kissy-face" (redness, irritation, and peeling skin) from the friction, but since then I have had no problems.

I honestly don't like it as much when he is clean-shaven.

eagle_eye222001

I am more of a goatee person. Developed in high school after being lazy and not shaving for a few days. Probably would have grown a bear if all the hairs on my face grew the same but alas some areas did not grow so much so I shaved the uneven parts and what remained was a goatee.

I think it has a more intimidating and mysterious look anyway.

Maximilianus

I recently shaved off the modified goatee thingy I had on my chin. I've been thinking about growing a full beard this winter, a huge gnarly monk beard.

kenrockthefirst

I'm swimming against the tide here but I'm clean shaven and like it that way. Beards ARE itchy, especially when they're growing out. Plus, I'm, ahem, old enough where a beard is going to make me look even older. Maybe when my hair is *all* white I'll go for it.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Maggie' post='1667283' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:27 PM']Have you ever noticed that while guys can be gung-ho about beards, most ladies object to them... there is a good reason why! :saint:[/quote]

Yeah, most ladies object to them... yet so many guys with facial hair seem to have no problem attracting a lady into their life... hmm. I told this one friend of mine (a girl) that I was growing a goatee and she thought it sounded like a bad idea. Naturally, the next time I saw her, with the goatee, she didn't even notice it was there! Good thing I didn't listen... now I feel like a man. ;)

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1668420' date='Oct 2 2008, 12:09 PM']my husband and I mutually hate beards. he is always clean shaven.[/quote]
Yes. I shave every day, even on the weekends, unless I'm doing some grunge / yuck work.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1668427' date='Oct 2 2008, 01:21 PM']Yes. I shave every day, even on the weekends, unless I'm doing some grunge / yuck work.[/quote]

Occasionally my husband will try to go the weekend... he's clean shaven by Saturday evening. lol