An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vp Debate Fairness

Mercy me

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1667616' date='Oct 1 2008, 01:33 PM']That may very well be, and that's my point. Hugo Chavez, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Vladimir Putin, Hu Jintao, etc., are not going to "play nice" because Sarah Palin is nervous. They'll eat her for breakfast. If she can't handle an interview or a debate, how is she going to handle an international crisis?[/quote]

My guess is that the media is scarier than those guys.
I'm being serious. :)

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Paddington' post='1667631' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:32 AM']My guess is that the media is scarier than those guys.
I'm being serious. :)[/quote]
Come on. These are people who have had opponents killed. In Putin's case, as an ex-KGB officer, he's probably pulled the trigger himself on occassion. Gibson and Couric asked a couple of hardball questions and you're telling me that you think they're scarier than the folks I mentioned?

I think sb would feel conflicted by campaigning more than by doing a difficult job. Looking good and being good are so different. The rules and fairness of campaign coverage are unpredictable.

But, yea, meeting with world leaders could be just as hard or harder. But I personally would feel more at ease putting my words in front of sb who I can have distance from and we are talking about a few certain things, than sb who I am not allowed to have distance from who is looking at anything and everything.

Anywho...I'm also disturbed by some of her recent conversations.

Oh yea.....I don't imagine her being unsafe in world travel. There are reasons that Bush, Clinton etc. were not killed in their travels.

KnightofChrist

Amazing before the McCain Obama debate many people where saying that McCain was unprepared, not ready, would lose, etc etc....

They where wrong.

They are very likely wrong about Palin too...

[url="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122281636354892281.html"]Palin Is Underrated Foe in Debates[/url]

dominicansoul

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1667628' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:19 AM'][list=1]
[*]Yes. Cheney has expanded the scope and power of the VP's office considerably.
[*]I'm talking about the not unlikely possibility, given McCain's age and history of skin cancer, that Palin might be called upon to act as or even *be* president.
[/list][/quote]

But when did Cheney sit down with these individuals? I don't recall him ever doing this...

You are more frightened of Palin being VP than Obama being Prez? I'm not sure I follow...

Obama as president will do considerably worse to the unborn...in fact, he ranks right up there with these world leaders you speak of in terms of "killing their opponents." Yet, you are worried about Palin's inexperience with foreign leaders?

The way I see it, Palin has a lot to learn, which I believe she will. McCain still has life in him yet. Don't generalize that he has one foot in the grave just because he's in his 70's. My dad could kick his ass and my dad is 84! (And my dad's parents lived well into their 90's. I'm almost certain my dad will live to see beyond 100...) We don't know how long McCain has to live. This is another "scare" tactic being fed to us from the media...He's old, don't vote for him! How many times did they say that of cheney, that his heart would give out...and yet Cheney is still alive!

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1667713' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:57 AM']You are more frightened of Palin being VP than Obama being Prez? I'm not sure I follow...[/quote]
The point vis-a-vis the topic of this poll is that the issue is not whether the MSM treats Palin "fairly." It's that the Republican ticket is terrible, no matter how much lipstick they try to put on that pig. (Apologies but it was the right metaphor.) As another poster noted, it's not enough to vote for McCain JUST BECAUSE he is *allegedly* pro-life.

Lounge Daddy

I don't understand the audacity of that lady seeking to be the moderator when she is releasing a book and is clearly in the tank for the Obama / Biden ticket. Arrogance!

But I also don't understand why the McCain campaign didn't look into this. They didn't even check this out a little bit? How hard is it to search Amazon while doing the homework on the moderator before agreeing to this?

Just when it seemed that the McCain campaign was finally getting some things right, they start making stupid stupid mistakes again.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1667728' date='Oct 1 2008, 12:26 PM']The point vis-a-vis the topic of this poll is that the issue is not whether the MSM treats Palin "fairly." It's that the Republican ticket is terrible, no matter how much lipstick they try to put on that pig. (Apologies but it was the right metaphor.) As another poster noted, it's not enough to vote for McCain JUST BECAUSE he is *allegedly* pro-life.[/quote]

It is terribly wrong to allow Obama to win. I'll take an "alleged" pro-lifer to a sworn baby killer any day.

Speaking against the only viable ticket that gives some hope for the pro-life cause does nothing but help Obama...

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1667628' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:19 AM'][list=1]
[*]Yes. Cheney has expanded the scope and power of the VP's office considerably.
[*]I'm talking about the not unlikely possibility, given McCain's age and history of skin cancer, that Palin might be called upon to act as or even *be* president.
[/list][/quote]

How has Cheney expanded the roll of VP? Keep in mind that this is a gotcha question.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1667419' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:24 PM']Of course, the media is fair and unbiased. That is what they tell us. So, we should trust Gwen Ifill who is about to release a new pro-Obama book? She is about to moderate the vice presidential debate that will undoubtably be crucial in this election. And now we find out that she has a book scheduled to be released right before the inauguration of the next president. At the very least means that she has a vested interest in Obama winning. This is the Amazon blurb:

This is ridiculous![/quote]

It's not a pro-Obama book.

Perhapse you should read FIRST and THEN go into a right wing rant.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Majella' post='1667473' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:54 AM']I think Obama is dangerous enough to warrant shooting him!
Like in that movie The Dead Zone"!
Too radical?????[/quote]
Watch it. I know I'm not alone among the mods who won't tolerate talk of this kind. Trust me, I don't want Obama elected, but we have to vent in other ways. :-)

That and we don't want the secretservicebot to log in.

[quote name='Majella' post='1667473' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:54 AM']I think Obama is dangerous enough to warrant shooting him!
Like in that movie The Dead Zone"!
Too radical?????[/quote]

wow.

So your like a violent republican nut, or just a freelancer?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1667812' date='Oct 1 2008, 05:02 PM']It's not a pro-Obama book.

Perhapse you should read FIRST and THEN go into a right wing rant.[/quote]

All I am saying is that she has a personal and significant interest in seeing Obama / Biden win. That calls into question her ability to moderate fairly.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1667985' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:51 PM']All I am saying is that she has a personal and significant interest in seeing Obama / Biden win. That calls into question her ability to moderate fairly.[/quote]

You have no proof for that. She has written an acadamic book about the role of black politicians makeing incursions into the political power structure. By your logic she also has a vested interest in seeing Colin Powell, whome her book also looks at, elected president.

The Palin camp agread to this interview and has made no objection that I know of.

I do not have any hard proof for it, but I suspect this is now being raised to cover for Mrs. Palin's likely embarrassing failure at tomorrow's debate.

I just base that on the timeing of this issue being raised. This has been lined up for quite a while, Palin humiliates herself on interview after interview, now suddenly the moderator is obviosuly biased.