An Old School Catholic Message Board

So I No Longer Have Wisdom

the_rev

I no longer have my wisdome teeth. All four of them were removed yesterday and remarkebly I am doing very well. I only took the pain killers last night and then one in the middle of the night so I could still sleep. The pain is minimal and endurable, so I'm glad that I'm one of the lucky few thus far, that did have any difficulties. I also slept for 17 hours which was pretty much amazing, because I have not been getting enough sleep! I can't wait til I can eat normal food, but the bleeding has clotted in my mouth and I'm doing fine. If I didn't know it, I would not have even though I had four teeth extracted!

What's your experience been with wisdom teeth removal?

Thanks,

Ed

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1667643' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:11 PM']I had six. I was extra wise.[/quote]

Quit living in the past.

ThatOneGirl9

I cried at the nurse right afterwords that I thought I lost my flute embuchure, she couldn't understand me with my face stuffed with the cotton, so she had me write down what I was crying about! :P

[quote name='Paddington' post='1667645' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:44 AM']Quit living in the past.[/quote]

The past is all I have...

:sadder:

[quote name='ThatOneGirl9' post='1667647' date='Oct 1 2008, 09:46 AM']I cried at the nurse right afterwords that I thought I lost my flute embuchure, she couldn't understand me with my face stuffed with the cotton, so she had me write down what I was crying about! :P[/quote]

Flute embouchure?

ThatOneGirl9

yeah I don't know why I was freaking out about that, must have not been totally with it yet... I play flute and I thought I would lose my ability I guess! lol

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1667650' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:21 PM']The past is all I have...

:sadder:[/quote]

Sorry. I didn't know that. :(

puellapaschalis

My wisdom teeth were horizontal and compacted, so I was sent to hospital, where I had a general anaesthetic and knew absolutely nothing of the whole thing.

I took a maths text book in with me. I guess was expecting to be bored or something :topsy:

Afterwards it was just numb and a bit tender rather than sore or in pain. I had no painkillers, only a rinse and gargle with warm salty water a few times a day. And I was on "soft foods" for the better part of a week. Getting over the anaesthetic was the most amusing part!

missionseeker

developed dry socket and couldn't really eat for a month. I had to get that numbing stuff that tastes like seaweed for a long time. two weeks after they were pulled, I left to study in D.C. for three weeks. One day at class, i was white and super dizzy and my mouth was killing me. There was a nurse in my calss and she told me I needed to get my mouth checked. I was 17 alone in D.C. LoL. So i called my mother and she spoke to my host family and I would up having a bone pulled out of my gum later that night. I felt better after that.

Well I only took three pain killers total so far beside the narcotic in the iv drip, and I don't plan on taking any during the day, but maybe I will at night to ensure a good night sleep!

Ok.
My wisdom teeth experience:
Got a novacaine shot.
Got all four wisdom teeth pulled.
4 hours later swelling gone and I was eating Gardetto's.
No pain meds.

Edited by Balthazor

I had to have mine out under general. I still have them as a matter of fact, buried in my jewelry box. My college roommate had hers out the week before she got married. It was because as soon as she got married she wouldn't be on her parents dental insurance. Anyway, her wedding pictures make her look like a chipmunk. The swelling hadn't gone down yet.