An Old School Catholic Message Board

So I No Longer Have Wisdom

the_rev

[quote name='ThatOneGirl9' post='1667647' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:46 AM']I cried at the nurse right afterwords that I thought I lost my flute embuchure, she couldn't understand me with my face stuffed with the cotton, so she had me write down what I was crying about! :P[/quote]
[quote name='ThatOneGirl9' post='1667653' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:55 AM']yeah I don't know why I was freaking out about that, must have not been totally with it yet... I play flute and I thought I would lose my ability I guess! lol[/quote]
I blame the drugs :mellow:

Yay flute! I play that instrument, too! :D

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1667750' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:33 PM']I saved mine in case they ever need my DNA later to identify my body.[/quote]
hahaha... you're funny.

I feel my wisdom teeth coming in on the top... I'm afraid to get mine out too :ninja:

Got mine out when I was 16. Apparently I wake up mean from anesthesia. My mom still laughs about it.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1667643' date='Oct 2 2008, 12:41 AM']I had six. I was extra wise.[/quote]
Unsurprising. Just from reading your posts I could tell you had a big mouth.

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1667688' date='Oct 2 2008, 01:30 AM']Ok.
My wisdom teeth experience:
Got a novacaine shot.
Got all four wisdom teeth pulled.
4 hours later swelling gone and I was eating Gardetto's.
No pain meds.[/quote]
Dang. You're one tough broad.

[quote name='the_rev' post='1668700' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:08 AM']Dry sockets haven't devoleped yet, (at least I don't think they have) and I feel fine. When will I be out of the clear for dry sockets? I had the surgery tuesday at 2. Feeling great, taking pain killers at night to sleep well though.[/quote]
Typically, if you haven't developed dry socket within 72 hours after the operation you're not going to get it.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1669225' date='Oct 4 2008, 12:03 AM']I feel my wisdom teeth coming in on the top... I'm afraid to get mine out too :ninja:[/quote]
Wuss. The tops should take like 20 minutes if you get an experienced doc. I've never even seen anyone come down with dry-socket for their upper wisdom teeth before. Be man, get your teeth pulled.

CoffeeCatholic

After i got mine done I asked my mom if I could drive home... as she and the nurse practically lifted me into the car. Then once I got home, mom went back to school (teacher) and left me with my dad who had his office in the room right next to my bedroom at the time. Mom specifically said "make sure she doesn't stay in on position" since I was OUT. He forgot, and when mom got home, I had bleed through the entire pillow and into the bed.

Yeah, gross.

the stitches were the worst for me. The pain was incredible. The had sewn my gum to the inside of my cheek and the pain felt like it was shooting up the back of my head. But it went away within seconds after the stitches were removed..

[quote name='Didymus' post='1673367' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:12 PM']the stitches were the worst for me. The pain was incredible. The had sewn my gum to the inside of my cheek and the pain felt like it was shooting up the back of my head. But it went away within seconds after the stitches were removed..[/quote]

Yeah I remember that...it was miserable. I mean for you.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='CoffeeCatholic' post='1673363' date='Oct 9 2008, 07:08 PM']After i got mine done I asked my mom if I could drive home... as she and the nurse practically lifted me into the car. Then once I got home, mom went back to school (teacher) and left me with my dad who had his office in the room right next to my bedroom at the time. Mom specifically said "make sure she doesn't stay in on position" since I was OUT. He forgot, and when mom got home, I had bleed through the entire pillow and into the bed.

Yeah, gross.[/quote]

No, cool. Your mouth missed your wisdom teeth SO MUCH that it sent THAT MUCH blood out to go looking for it!!

Ash Wednesday

All four of mine were impacted so I had to go under anesthesia. It was wild, man. I went out mid sentence. They told me I'd feel a tingling in the back of my throat and had me count to ten. I said "Oh I can totally feel i---
aaaang."

The next thing I knew I was woken up and dumped in a wheelchair and presumably drooling profusely. I vaguely recall my sister in law trying not to laugh at me. I was wheeled away to a room where they dumped other patients off to sleep off the drugs.

Seeing these people in these beds sleeping reminded me of the cover of the Pink Floyd album Momentary Lapse of Reason. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen, only I was too stoned out of my mind to laugh about it and couldn't feel my face, so I laughed to myself in my head.

I think the stitches fell out early in one of them and it was a dry socket.

Now I feel gypped that I didn't get to keep my teeth! I would have done something really cool with them. I think it would be funny to make earrings or a necklace out of them just to scare people. I suppose they might be at my dad's house rattling around in a little box somewhere, and I was too doped up to remember where I put them.

[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/lk_sk8er/Lapse-l.jpg[/img]

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1669225' date='Oct 3 2008, 11:03 AM']hahaha... you're funny.[/quote]
Knowing her history, I don't think she was joking. :unsure:

[quote name='the_rev' post='1668702' date='Oct 2 2008, 08:10 PM']I also kept mine. Someone told me that I should bury one at a holy site that way a part of me always remains and the saint will continually pray for me...[/quote]
That's a cool idea...I've not heard this before.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1675643' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:48 AM']Now I feel gypped that I didn't get to keep my teeth! I would have done something really cool with them. I think it would be funny to make earrings or a necklace out of them just to scare people. I suppose they might be at my dad's house rattling around in a little box somewhere, and I was too doped up to remember where I put them.[/quote]
I know of one Marine that kept his wisdom teeth. I thought it made him rather odd. :blink:

Edited by Justin86