An Old School Catholic Message Board

California Approves Nurse-assisted Suicide

cmotherofpirl

KnightofChrist

Ok what is the point for pointing out the article comes from WND? Why bring that up at this time on this topic? Does the article lie? Is the article false?

If this article is true why bring up the issue of it coming from WND? Should we not instead be appalled that it's true and not where the article came from?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669395' date='Oct 3 2008, 05:46 PM']Ok what is the point for pointing out the article comes from WND? Why bring that up at this time on this topic? Does the article lie? Is the article false?

If this article is true why bring up the issue of it coming from WND? Should we not instead be appalled that it's true and not where the article came from?[/quote]

It’s pure garbage, that whole organization is just a propaganda machine. It'd be like my quoting "The Huffington Post". It's red meat, but unreliable.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1669347' date='Oct 3 2008, 03:24 PM']al jazeera[/quote]

Al Jazeera English is actually good, better than the US Media. Not as good as the BBC though

I'd generally rank them

BBC World Report
Al Jazeera English
US Media
Russian Media

BBC and Al Jazeera are both loads better than US or Russian mainstream media.

There are some good figures in American Media Fareed Zakaria, George Will, Seymour Hersh etc.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1669347' date='Oct 3 2008, 03:24 PM']al jazeera[/quote]

Al Jazeera English is actually good, better than the US Media. Not as good as the BBC though

I'd generally rank them

BBC World Report
Al Jazeera English
US Media
Russian Media

BBC and Al Jazeera are both loads better than US or Russian mainstream media.

There are some good figures in American Media Fareed Zakaria, George Will, Seymour Hersh etc.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1669735' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:46 PM']It’s pure garbage, that whole organization is just a propaganda machine. It'd be like my quoting "The Huffington Post". It's red meat, but unreliable.[/quote]

Ah, so the story is a lie in your opinion? California has not approve Nurse-assisted suicide?

I was just responding to picchick.. She was talking about this topic months ago and it doesn't seem like folks cared till WND came out with it..

thats why I said "world net daily" because when I said she should have written for "WND" she said she doesn't know what that is

[quote name='Didymus' post='1669834' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:27 PM']I was just responding to picchick.. She was talking about this topic months ago and it doesn't seem like folks cared till WND came out with it..

thats why I said "world net daily" because when I said she should have written for "WND" she said she doesn't know what that is[/quote]

I guess that I shouldn't have compared hospice to assisted suicide since that implies that the patient is choosing to die. Rather, I should of said that it was similar to euthanasia rather than suicide.

And yes, he was only telling me what WND was.

Meg

Sister Rose Therese

The hospice you describe is plain poor care, not at all what Hospice is supposed to be.
Such care should probably be reported.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1669735' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:46 PM']It’s pure garbage, that whole organization is just a propaganda machine. It'd be like my quoting "The Huffington Post". It's red meat, but unreliable.[/quote]
It is more reliable than ABC, CBS, NBC amd NPR.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1672812' date='Oct 8 2008, 04:37 PM']It is more reliable than ABC, CBS, NBC amd NPR.[/quote]

it's reliable to some people, because some people rely on it for a right wing slant on news stories..

[quote name='Didymus' post='1672818' date='Oct 8 2008, 02:57 PM']it's reliable to some people, because some people rely on it for a right wing slant on news stories..[/quote]

While others rely on ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN for a left wing slant to theirs...

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669751' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:53 PM']Ah, so the story is a lie in your opinion? California has not approve Nurse-assisted suicide?[/quote]

I second that question. My first response when I read the article was involuntarily shouting out "that's disgusting!". So any news on it not being true would be very much appreciated. However, I doubt anyone could spin a story like that far enough either way to distort the fact of the bill being passed or not passed.

[quote name='Sister Rose Therese' post='1672695' date='Oct 8 2008, 11:21 AM']The hospice you describe is plain poor care, not at all what Hospice is supposed to be.
Such care should probably be reported.[/quote]

She described several hospices, not just one.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1672820' date='Oct 8 2008, 04:10 PM']While others rely on ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN for a left wing slant to theirs...[/quote]

All of which would fully support this... least that's one thing the right wing WND has going for it that it rightly opposes such support of evil...

• 2 weeks later...

For those in Washington State, an Assisted Suicide Law is on the November ballot. Initiative 1000. It's modeled after Oregon's Assisted Suicide Law. Any person who values life (in WA state) should make it a point of mailing in your ballot (or go to your polling place if you still have one), even if it's just on this issue. (Oh, and Dino Rossi for Governor. :D )