An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Vp Debate

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='kujo' post='1668964' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:05 AM']Meh. Too often it seemed like she was just reciting talking points whereas Biden was better rhetorically, overall.[/quote]

I agree. I didn't see much of the debate, but when I was watching she didn't look too comfortable. *sigh*.

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1668977' date='Oct 3 2008, 01:10 AM']Biden flat out lies.

Some of the best video that McCain could use would be with Hillary and Biden ripping Obama and promoting McCain over Obama in the primaries... it speaks volumes.[/quote]

Nah. McCain ran that ad when Biden got the nod and it hasn't really made much of an affect.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1668983' date='Oct 3 2008, 01:14 AM']I agree. I didn't see much of the debate, but when I was watching she didn't look too comfortable. *sigh*.[/quote]

Yeah. When she was going off the cuff, she looked great. But when she was confined to the script, she was just not cutting it.

KnightofChrist

I believe through out the debate she spoke like a normal American speaking to normal Americans, but she did so intelligently and wisely, her ending comment was inspiring, she spoke of the good of America.

Where as when Biden spoke he did not really speak on the goodness of America and well looked like a Washington insider, 'Hi I'm from the Government I'm here to help."

Palin held her own and proved her doubters wrong. She took the test and passed with flying colours.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1668901' date='Oct 2 2008, 11:38 PM']Vote Palin 2016!!![/quote]

Obama's gonna be in office for 8 years?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Didymus' post='1669010' date='Oct 2 2008, 11:44 PM']Obama's gonna be in office for 8 years?[/quote]

So a part of you wants Obama to be in office for 8 years? Why else make that lame joke?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669020' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:50 AM']So a part of you wants Obama to be in office for 8 years? Why else make that lame joke?[/quote]

Alot of people would give anything to do the things I do..

dairygirl4u2c

"hi i'm from the government and i'm here to help" was definitely a bad point of biden.

palin didn't show a command of anything but rhetoric. she was "me too" on education, alternative fuel, global warming etc. she didn't get into specifics, and as my last post indicated, her positions are non-sensical, or at least appear to be so as she hasn't justified the apparent and so presumed contradictions.

let her get interviewed again, or do something where it substance matters, and she'll fail again.

she's proven she knows how to be a politician, that's all.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1669037' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:57 AM']she's proven she knows how to be a politician, that's all.[/quote]

EXACTLY

KnightofChrist

Amazing, but it is kinda duh duh that false prophets would not correct their predictions which have been proven false.

eagle_eye222001

It will be a few days before we have a decent idea of the effects of the VP debate.

While Palin pulled herself up from the Couric interview and spoke in a confident and friendly manner, Biden did not fail as well and he seemed to speak pretty well.

Result: a draw probably. If anyone won, maybe Biden, but not by much.

Wish Palin would have emerged with a decent edge but Biden performed well enough that I don't think Palin and McCain will get the boost they want.

If the economy was doing better, I would have more confidence that McCain/Palin would win, however since the economy has dipped, the Democrats are able to capitalize as it is easier to listen to promises of handouts then to realize that handouts are not a good answer overall.

I watch the numbers and the polls, hoping, that maybe if I analyze enough numbers, I can help my candidate of choice, however...it's times like these I remember that I can only cast my vote and then pray...as it is in God's hands...and not my wings.

kenrockthefirst

Palin can't pronounce the word "nuclear." That's an automatic disqualification. (See Bush, George W.) Seriously.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1669138' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:16 AM']Palin can't pronounce the word "nuclear." That's an automatic disqualification. (See Bush, George W.) Seriously.[/quote]

That is the stupidest thing I've heard you say about Palin thus far. Oh and where was this airhead who wouldn't stand a chance you told us would Palin would be? Do you have the intellectual honestly to admit you where wrong?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1669141' date='Oct 3 2008, 07:22 AM']That is the stupidest thing I've heard you say about Palin thus far. Oh and where was this airhead who wouldn't stand a chance you told us would Palin would be? Do you have the intellectual honestly to admit you where wrong?[/quote]

She did come off as (to be very, very nice) an airhead. I don't like Biden, but at least he could inject a shred of substance into his answers. Biden is, without a doubt, smarter than Palin, however his views are often aweful. I remember a few years ago listening to him advocate some colonialish scheme to partition Iraq, irreguardless of the oppinions of the people.