An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chicago Cubs: 2009 World Series Champs

LivingStone

Today was a very exciting day for the Chicago Cubs. They have started their 2009 season and from a completely objective standpoint, are the favorites to win the World Series in 2009 (a year from now fyi).

Gotta stay optimistic about them Chicago Teams, otherwise you go crazy.

And man is it hard to be a Die-Hard Cubbies Fan...sigh...2009, here we come.

:lol:

I would've rather seen the Cubbies make it to the World Series to face off with the Phillies.

Go Phillies! Too bad we lost game 3, at least we're still ahead 2-1.

[quote name='picchick' post='1670714' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:37 AM']GO [color="red"]RED[/color] SOX!!![/quote]

Go Big Papi!!!!!

BTW...Does any one else relish in the fact that the Joe Torre led Dodgers are playing in the ALCS while the Yankees are sitting at home? Just wondering.

Oh yeah! I am so rooting for the Dodgers! I think that this is a text book definition of poetic justice!

Poor Jeter. This is the first time in his career that his season ended this early.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='LivingStone' post='1670645' date='Oct 5 2008, 02:44 AM']Today was a very exciting day for the Chicago Cubs. They have started their 2009 season and from a completely objective standpoint, are the favorites to win the World Series in 2009 (a year from now fyi).

Gotta stay optimistic about them Chicago Teams, otherwise you go crazy.

And man is it hard to be a Die-Hard Cubbies Fan...sigh...2009, here we come.[/quote]

Don't expect any better results next year. We had basically the same team two years in a row with the same results. Unless we somehow get rid of Soriano and Dempster for players who hit/pitch when they are actually needed (same could be said for Big Z), we're not going to win playoff series.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1671242' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:53 AM']Oh yeah! I am so rooting for the Dodgers! I think that this is a text book definition of poetic justice!

Poor Jeter. This is the first time in his career that his season ended this early.[/quote]

Let's see what happens to them when facing actual competition. The Phillies will probably sweep.