An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teens Pledge Allegiance To Obama...

Lounge Daddy

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671160' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:00 PM']I do understand that. Fortunately, I am not about to waste the evening being attacked for simply mentioning an article which anyone who bothered to read would know it was quoting Obama's campaign. Just as the following is obviously from the other point of view:
[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653114.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653114.stm[/url]

Aside from the sentence about how Ayers renounced his radical activities.[/quote]

It seemed to me you where using that article to disproof my statements earlier in the thread. Which is why I responded as I did, it was not an attack on you.

But SO what if Ayers has now 'renounced his radical activities' what does that even really mean if he has not ever apologized for his bombings, and said he should have done more?

It means whilst he may have 'renounced his radical [u]activities[/u]' he has not given up his renounced his radical ideals.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671163' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:07 PM']It seemed to me you where using that article to disproof my statements earlier in the thread. Which is why I responded as I did, it was not an attack on you.

But SO what if Ayers has now 'renounced his radical activities' what does that even really mean if he has not ever apologized for his bombings, and said he should have done more?

It means whilst he may have 'renounced his radical [u]activities[/u]' he has not given up his renounced his radical ideals.[/quote]

Speaking of totalitarianism....he does not NEED to give up his radical ideals, unless this is an Orwellian Novel. He can not and should not use terroristic activities to promote those ideals however (then again, neither should the US :detective: )

you never responded to my comment about the mainstream media.

My apologies then, it wasn't being used as such in my point of view.

As the the so what if he renounced his radical activities. :shrug: I was just pointing out that the article was from Palin's POV with that video, aside from the pro-Ayers bit at the end. It's true that just because someone renounces their activities they do not renounce their ideals. A good example being the Confederacy's generals after the Civil War; polite and following the new rules of law for the most part to a perfect tee, but it didn't mean they agreed with the changes.

Many misguided men may renounce their actions but hold steadfast to their ideals. It happens.

(Although I still hold fast to my point that a blatantly political thread should be in Election Section. Or Lame Board, but there's none of the fun of the Obama thread in Lame Board, or the Sarah is So Cool thread.)

Edit: Ignore the attempt at a shrug smilie please, I thought we had one...

Edited by BG45

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671165' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:12 PM']My apologies then, it wasn't being used as such in my point of view.

As the the so what if he renounced his radical activities. :shrug: I was just pointing out that the article was from Palin's POV with that video, aside from the pro-Ayers bit at the end. It's true that just because someone renounces their activities they do not renounce their ideals. A good example being the Confederacy's generals after the Civil War; polite and following the new rules of law for the most part to a perfect tee, but it didn't mean they agreed with the changes.

Many misguided men may renounce their actions but hold steadfast to their ideals. It happens.

(Although I still hold fast to my point that a blatantly political thread should be in Election Section. Or Lame Board, but there's none of the fun of the Obama thread in Lame Board, or the Sarah is So Cool thread.)

Edit: Ignore the attempt at a shrug smilie please, I thought we had one...[/quote]

Ok, good to see, but it is important that Obama has strong links to a man who said he is not sorry for his terrorist bombings. As for the thread being moved, asked a mod via the report button.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671164' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:12 PM']Speaking of totalitarianism....he does not NEED to give up his radical ideals, unless this is an Orwellian Novel. He can not and should not use terroristic activities to promote those ideals however (then again, neither should the US :detective: )[/quote]

The problem my friend is that Ayers did commit terror attacks, he refuses to apologize and Obama still chose to greatly associate himself with Ayers.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671164' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:12 PM']you never responded to my comment about the mainstream media.[/quote]

Fox News is one Channel, Glen Bleck is one man, Talk Radio is on the AM which a majority of people don't listen to. This does not denote the Main Stream Media's liberal bias, which most people get their 'news.'

I think I did it as well, the moving report but not sure.

As to Talk Radio...I'm hurt :P I listened to Rush until around the time he went into rehab for Oxycontin addiction. Then I just switched to KLOVE and Air1 Christian music stations.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671169' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:25 PM']I think I did it as well, the moving report but not sure.

As to Talk Radio...I'm hurt :P I listened to Rush until around the time he went into rehab for Oxycontin addiction. Then I just switched to KLOVE and Air1 Christian music stations.[/quote]

Your not most people, and that can be a good thing. :saint:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671168' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:22 PM']The problem my friend is that Ayers did commit terror attacks, he refuses to apologize and Obama still chose to greatly associate himself with Ayers.[/quote]

He did his time he doesn't have to be sorry for them, if he has renounced violence in the future, I really don't care. If he still advocated terrorism I would find this disturbing.

I find this whole issue a little silly, Bush never renounced his ties with Aerial Sharon

[quote]Fox News is one Channel[/quote]

One channel with major ratings, far larger than, say, MSNBC, the only thing near imitating it from a liberal slant.

[quote]Glen Bleck is one man[/quote]

Who has no liberal counterpart on CNN

[quote]Talk Radio is on the AM which a majority of people don't listen to.[/quote]

Far more than CNN

[quote]This does not denote the Main Stream Media's liberal bias, which most people get their 'news.'[/quote]

right wing news has higher ratings that "mainstream" most reaserch in the area suggusts that the "traditional" news networks have a centrist slant, this makes sense considering their audience.

Many are already hailing him as a messiah. (spike lee, liberal catholics, etc..) He has been called "the philosopher king" i believe a liberal catholic said Obama is the philosopher king we've been awaiting the last 2400 years. Many of his supporters at his rallies fall to their knees with eyes full of tears as if they believe he's God in flesh. Just look at his supporters at the DNC. they were entranced.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1671176' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:30 PM']Many are already hailing him as a messiah. (spike lee, liberal catholics, etc..) He has been called "the philosopher king" i believe a liberal catholic said Obama is the philosopher king we've been awaiting the last 2400 years. Many of his supporters at his rallies fall to their knees with eyes full of tears as if they believe he's God in flesh. Just look at his supporters at the DNC. they were entranced.[/quote]

Some are.

Obama is more inteligent that Bush, that does not make him a "philosopher king".

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1671184' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:35 PM']America is pathetic.[/quote]

That sounds aweful unpatriotic :detective:

Now, if Mrs. Obama said that what would KoC say?

Personally, I don't do Spike Lee; especially in light of his treatment of the partisan survivors in relation to his new film...

And thank you, I think KoC. ;)

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1671176' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:30 PM']Many are already hailing him as a messiah. (spike lee, liberal catholics, etc..) He has been called "the philosopher king" i believe a liberal catholic said Obama is the philosopher king we've been awaiting the last 2400 years. Many of his supporters at his rallies fall to their knees with eyes full of tears as if they believe he's God in flesh. Just look at his supporters at the DNC. they were entranced.[/quote]
You know what that reminds me of? Those who try to tie pagan religions and Christianity together by saying Christianity borrowed from them. They like to use very specific language to make them sound similar... which is exactly what you just did, using phrases like "God in the flesh" and "philosopher king."

I get that you hate him. But using words that have a particular connotation in order to connect ideas is a weak form of an argument.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1671184' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:35 PM']America is pathetic.[/quote]
I agree.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1671184' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:35 PM']America is pathetic.[/quote]

Obama, and some of his supporters are pathetic.

America is [b]not[/b] pathetic, because her people are not, perhaps parts of her government.
America is not by any means perfect but she has stood as a force of good, and still does.

Edited by KnightofChrist