An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, Pham, This Is It!

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

Hola Pham!

I wanted to share with my phamily, that I'm FINALLY being able to make an attenuated live in aspirancy with the Dominican Nuns at Lockport. Thanks be to God!
This is only possible because a benefactor willbe helping me financially, which is so awesome.
I'm really excited, but terrified at the same time. Excited because I've been working towards this for awhile, and terrified because after all, I am still me.
So, I hope that all VSers will keep me in your prayers!
If all goes according to plan, I will leave on Nov.4.
God bless you!

Congrats - I'm really happy for you and will keep you in my prayers, but can you tell me, please, what is an "attenuated" aspirancy? I can never keep up! :-)

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1671252' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:06 PM']Hola Pham!

I wanted to share with my phamily, that I'm FINALLY being able to make an attenuated live in aspirancy with the Dominican Nuns at Lockport. Thanks be to God!
This is only possible because a benefactor willbe helping me financially, which is so awesome.
I'm really excited, but terrified at the same time. Excited because I've been working towards this for awhile, and terrified because after all, I am still me.
So, I hope that all VSers will keep me in your prayers!
If all goes according to plan, I will leave on Nov.4.
God bless you![/quote]
:bigpray: :bigclap: :yahoo: :dance: :incense: :thumbsup: :saint:

Saint Therese

I've really struggled a lot with reconciling the idea of becoming a nun with my own weakness and imperfections. Its been really difficult, especially since I'm not the most disciplined person either. I keep wondering if I could make it.