An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, Pham, This Is It!

Saint Therese

I wonder eveyday if I will make it so I take one day at a time.
You will never know until you try and if you don't you will always wonder
if you could have, so go for it! ' Whatever you do or dream you can begin it, boldness has
magic, power and genius in it - BEGIN IT NOW' - Goethe.
I try to remember that one.
I am so pleased for you, many prayers sr marie-therese - oh, and following a very
little way helps too, i find.

Saint Therese

So now the big question is how to break the news to my family. One of my sisters already knows, but everyone else doesn't. They aren't Catholic and I don't think they'lll be very supportive. Frankly,I"m nervous aboutit.

Saint Therese

I know this is crazy, because I've been discerning for lik two years but its really starting to sink that I"M going to be a nun. WOW

:shock:

the lords sheep

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1674828' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:16 AM']I know this is crazy, because I've been discerning for lik two years but its really starting to sink that I"M going to be a nun. WOW

:shock:[/quote]

I think most people can relate. I know I definitely can! It's just the transition as the dreams/hopes/fears/plans actually materialize. God bless you! (and, ps- tell the Sisters to update their site!)
You'll be in our prayers!
Lauren

praying4carmel

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1671252' date='Oct 6 2008, 02:06 AM']Hola Pham!

I wanted to share with my phamily, that I'm FINALLY being able to make an attenuated live in aspirancy with the Dominican Nuns at Lockport. Thanks be to God!
This is only possible because a benefactor willbe helping me financially, which is so awesome.
I'm really excited, but terrified at the same time. Excited because I've been working towards this for awhile, and terrified because after all, I am still me.
So, I hope that all VSers will keep me in your prayers!
If all goes according to plan, I will leave on Nov.4.
God bless you![/quote]

God Bless and I will Pray for you! Congratulations!!!!!!!

praying4carmel

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1674828' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:16 AM']I know this is crazy, because I've been discerning for lik two years but its really starting to sink that I"M going to be a nun. WOW

:shock:[/quote]

Yes, I fully understand..Joy Peace and happiness...as well as moments of sheer terror!
Ha ha!
How wonderful!

Saint Therese

Terror is right. This week I'm going to have tell my dad as well as arrange for my leave of absence from work.
It'll definitely be interesting. :wacko:

DiscerningSoul

I am sure things will be ok, have trust in our Lord and faith to follow his call even if that means your family is against it. Also know you are not alone in your plight, a friend of mine entered the pink sisters and her family was against it.
Put all trust and faith in God, lean on him always, that is what our Lord has taught me and still teaching me.

Saint Therese

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1676431' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:14 PM']I am sure things will be ok, have trust in our Lord and faith to follow his call even if that means your family is against it. Also know you are not alone in your plight, a friend of mine entered the pink sisters and her family was against it.
Put all trust and faith in God, lean on him always, that is what our Lord has taught me and still teaching me.[/quote]

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1676436' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:20 PM']Prayers headed your way![/quote]
Thank you!! :grouphug:

Congratulations. :)

Knowing how it is with unsupportive family on even becoming Catholic (my dad), I will definitely keep you in my prayers.