An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Widens Lead In National Poll

Fidei Defensor

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Justin86' post='1672031' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:03 PM']I find it unbelievably accurate. The best satire always makes both sides laugh. Forget liberal SNL, these guys are gold![/quote]

Of course, SNL wouldn't have McCain on beause he'd actually be funnier than anyone else on the how.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1672019' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:38 AM']A must see for everyone.

[url="http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin"]http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin[/url][/quote]

Brilliant :P Poor Bill, he gets whacked in every jibjab video :lol:

eh... Bush had a 5 point lead 3 days before the 2004 election and look how tight that race was. This same time lat year Gore had a 9 point lead.

Kirisutodo333

And closing in.

[url="http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4961BK20081007?sp=true"]Obama has 3 point lead according to Zogby[/url]

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Kirisutodo333' post='1672114' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:53 PM']And closing in.

[url="http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4961BK20081007?sp=true"]Obama has 3 point lead according to Zogby[/url][/quote]
Uhhh, I think I'll trust RealClearPolitics which has an average of all the polls, rather than one single polling company's data. RealClear has him at 5.5 ahead of McCain.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1672199' date='Oct 7 2008, 07:15 PM']Uhhh, I think I'll trust RealClearPolitics which has an average of all the polls, rather than one single polling company's data. RealClear has him at 5.5 ahead of McCain.[/quote]

Uhhh, I think I don't trust any polls, just putting that one out there so people like you can say, "uhhh, I think I'll trust this poll."

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Kirisutodo333' post='1672418' date='Oct 7 2008, 09:41 PM']Uhhh, I think I don't trust any polls, just putting that one out there so people like you can say, "uhhh, I think I'll trust this poll."[/quote]
Well, it makes logical sense to put more stock in an average than one single poll. Its a broader sample, takes out some of the poll bias, etc. Basic elementary statistics.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1672515' date='Oct 8 2008, 02:32 PM']Well, it makes logical sense to put more stock in an average than one single poll. Its a broader sample, takes out some of the poll bias, etc. Basic elementary statistics.[/quote]
Ever heard the phrase "garbage in, garbage out"? It doesn't matter how you compute garbage, at the end of the day it's still garbage.

state by state polls are interesting to look at (I think it's more accurate to look at them than the overall national popular percentages which due to the higher population they're aiming to predict about will have less of a probability of being right), and I think they are largely indicative of things but certainly not infallible... but there is a high probability that what they're saying is true. 270towin.com shows the states where the polls clearly indicate a winner for either candidate if it were held today and the poll numbers reflected actual voter turnout... and as that stands, McCain MUST win every one of these swing states:
[url="http://www.270towin.com/combinations_live.php?party=Republican&num_rem=107&st_remain=FL,OH,NC,VA,IN,MO,CO,NV&me=&ne="]http://www.270towin.com/combinations_live....amp;me=&ne=[/url]

... color me pessimistic, but the polls in those states are not really going in John's favor either.

of course, obviously I'm just afraid of having to eat my hat on youtube as I promised to do a while ago if McCain actually won this thing.

electorally, he's gotta turn the trend around in some of these states that have turned sraight up blue in the past few weeks

homeschoolmom

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1672049' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:55 AM']Of course, SNL wouldn't have McCain on beause he'd actually be funnier than anyone else on the how.[/quote]
He has been, of course, just not lately. I don't know why....

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1672617' date='Oct 8 2008, 07:37 PM']of course, obviously I'm just afraid of having to eat my hat on youtube as I promised to do a while ago if McCain actually won this thing.[/quote]
Ya know when you made that promise that was my only reason to vote for McCain, right? :P

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Justin86' post='1671965' date='Oct 7 2008, 08:45 AM']You're one of the few closet-Obama supporters around here. Definitely the most vocal anyway. ;) Even if you aren't actually going to pull the lever for him, it's obvious from your posts that you would rather have him than McCain.[/quote]
I'm not a "closet-Obama" supporter. Indeed, I have "outed" myself as a Ron Paul supporter. Insofar as the two share certain policy positions, to wit, that the war in Iraq was a huge mistake, that the war in Iraq is a gigantic and unnecessary burden in terms of blood and treasure, that our position in the world has been weakened from a moral authority perspective, their mutual opposition to torture, their mutual opposition to the PATRIOT Act, I share a certain simpatico with Obama. Obviously Obama's stance on "life" issues makes him an untenable candidate. However, that does not translate into McCain therefore being a tenable candidate. McCain stinks, period, his lukewarm support for "life" issues notwithstanding.

dominicansoul

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1671851' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:22 PM']And if Obama wins, does that mean God failed?[/quote]

No, it will mean we as a society have failed! We as human beings have failed! Any nation who would vote into power a man (Obama) who has promised to defend at any cost a woman's right to kill her baby is a failed nation, and we deserve what is coming to us....