An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Special Comment On Sarah Palin

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1674428' date='Oct 10 2008, 01:12 PM']This does have better clarity.[/quote]

I appreciate your validation. :cool:

princessgianna

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1674507' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:53 PM']Sarah Palin believes that abortin should be allowed in cases when the mother's life is in danger.[/quote]
i have not heard of that! interesting!
still DO YOU WANT OBAMA who signed FOUR times that if a unwanted child was born and survived a abortion that that CHILD WAS TO BE THROWN INTO (BY LAW) THE CLOSET and forgotten till they took out the trash!?!?!?!?

Edited by princessgianna

princessgianna

[quote name='inDEED' post='1674379' date='Oct 10 2008, 01:42 PM']See...here's the thing - it does matter to me who the VP will be - especially for a candidate with as many previous health issues such as McCain.[/quote]

his mom is still alive for whatever it is worth!

[quote name='Hassan' post='1673111' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:08 AM']He admits he is a conservative. On his radio he constantly claims his coverage is "fair" or "comprehansive" or something (I honestly can't remember at the moment).

I have never heard Keith call his show objective or unbalanced (he very well may have, I don't watch his show often).

I really don't consider either of them honest.

Honestly I don't have a problem with conservatism as it used to be. I have many tendencies that are conservative (I have said before I am a fan of George Will). I cannot stand the American conservative party for their foreign policy (here I mean the neo-con part that seems to have most of the power) and a number of other issues, but pure conservativism I find to be a very interesting body of thought.[/quote]

The difference between a journalist and a commentator is that the journalist abides by journalistic ethics and the commentator is paid to share his own opinions. This si from teh Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics: [quote]Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

— Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.
— Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.
— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.
— Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
— Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.[/quote]

For a laugh you can read the whole thing at [url="http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp"]this site.[/url]