An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Francis Mary

jmjtina

To those who have been wondering and praying for Fr. Francis Mary
[url="http://www.americanpapist.com/2008/10/fr-francis-mary-stone-mr-dave-stone.html#links"]Update[/url]

also, his [url="http://www.davestoneinc.com/zrii.htm"]website[/url]

and other [url="http://fatherjoe.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/fr-francis-mary-stone-of-ewtn-is-now-dave/"]commentary[/url]

:weep:

Edited by jmjtina

Sad. :( He was so awesome. But, you know, it's something that I can't really comment on... I'm not in the know enough about the situation.

Saint Therese

I found this to be so sad. My first though was how sad Our Lady must be to lose one of her priests.
I can't imagine anyone leaving the priesthood, because the priesthood is a vocation to intense intimacy with Christ.
I think we should all pray for him, and his possible wife/children.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

So wait, did he and the widow get married or are they engaged or simply dating? It must be a very hard adjustment to go from priesthood to going out and finding work so that if he does marry and become ANOTHER kind of FATHER that he can support them.

Also, what about that drink that he's promoting? The links make it look suspicious. What a turn around from being a priest to supporting what appears to be a new age drink. Is that really it? Has he broken from the church?

Wow, just imagine what it would be like randomly bumping into him somewhere! How would you behave? You wouldn't want to make him feel embarassed or looked down upon because you recognize him and know that he isn't a priest anymore. I'd be afraid of accidentally calling him Fr. Francis. How hard it must be for him, to go through all of this when so many people throughout the world know who he is. Uhh, and I have two episodes on dvd of Life on the Rock when he was the host. :sadwalk:

What's really ironic is that on EWTN's The Pure Life, they had an episode that talked about vocations and guess who the guest was who gave his personal account of answering his call the priesthood? :topsy:

Excelsior1027

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1671863' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:42 AM']Sad. :( He was so awesome. But, you know, it's something that I can't really comment on... I'm not in the know enough about the situation.[/quote]
Agreed. I'm just plain sad about the situation. He still has my prayers.

To be honest, the people I'm really worried about are those young people discerning religious vocations, particularly young men discerning the priesthood, that may have been discouraged and confused by this turn of events, seeing as how many looked up to him because of his position on Life On the Rock. I'm not judging him, I just feel sad for those young people. :(

Edited by Excelsior1027

Saint Therese

On EWTN audio library, they've taken out all the Life on the Rock episodes that have Fr. Francis in them.

Plus-I wonder about his break with EWTN because he mentions Life on the Rock so many times on his site. Its almost like he still associates himself with it in some way.
Just my opinion.

Edited by Saint Therese

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1671894' date='Oct 7 2008, 01:24 AM']Agreed. I'm just plain sad about the situation. He still has my prayers.

To be honest, the people I'm really worried about are those young people discerning religious vocations, particularly young men discerning the priesthood, that may have been discouraged and confused by this turn of events, seeing as how many looked up to him because of his position on Life On the Rock. I'm not judging him, I just feel sad for those young people. :([/quote]

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. Should we tell anybody on Vocation Station? Also, I'm concerned about people who think that priests shouldn't be celibate. They'll debate with us saying, "Look at the cool priest that you just lost." Then again, this could be a very could debate, so that we can explain to them why we have a celibate priesthood. Though technically not since they wed the church. Does that mean that he got an "annulment?" :lol_roll:

Sorry, this might not be the appropriate time to make a joke. :sadder:

Ash Wednesday

I would be surprised if his usage of the slogan "life on the rock" for his product is even legal. EWTN could ding him on that one.

she_who_is_not

Fr. Francis Mary's struggle reminds us that we should always pray for priests.
Some prayers from Opus Angelorum
[url="http://www.opusangelorum.org/Prayer/Prayingfor.html"]http://www.opusangelorum.org/Prayer/Prayingfor.html[/url]