An Old School Catholic Message Board

Reversing Age Restriction For Drivers Licenses, And Alcoholic

White Knight

Switching the Age of Drinking and Drivers Licenses  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1672900' date='Oct 8 2008, 08:01 PM']There is a difference between winter driving and summer driving?

What can I say? I'm in Florida.[/quote]

There are rainer seasons in flordia and 6 months is not enough to encompass even the changes in Flordia weather. Its possible for someone to get their lisence and have never driven in a bad rainstorm....pre or post hurricane weather.

Plus, there are precautions you need to take with your car when hot to avoid overheating. In the south, that should be manditiory.

In july and Aug. it rains everyday between 3:30 and 4pm. It is a far harder rain than you see in the northeast. I have never really understood the meteorologist's explanations for these deluges.

Summer driving doesn't really have the same issues as I remember winter driving having. All I really do any more is turn on the air conditioner.

Winter driving has so many different challenges. I have been considering moving back north and I will admit that driving in the snow and ice worries me because I am not used to it any more. They say that you never forget but I am not so sure.

Archaeology cat

I love driving in inclement weather. My mom hates driving in bad rain or snow or anything of the sort (she went into labour with me after getting really anxious while driving in the rain). So when I got my permit, my dad made sure I knew how to drive in various conditions. While I got my license before having experience in ice and snow, as soon as winter came, he made me drive with him so I could learn. And then when we moved to FL my sister made me drive her to the beach as a hurricane was coming in so she could take pictures. :mellow:

I'd like to see the drinking age set to 16 and the driving age set to 18. Really strict laws for under-20. I think it's important for people to learn how to walk drunk before they're ever allowed behind the wheel. :lol:

• 9 years later...

I agree that there has been no response on this thread for a while but one of my friends had been living in China for around ten years and now has been working for a DUI attorney Los Angeles. He always told me how perfect things there in US and how unsafe roads and drivers are back in China. The problem is everything is censored in China so real data rarely gets out.