An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Rosary Mysteries

tinytherese

White Knight

[b]1) Glorious Mysteries[/b]
[color="#FF0000"][b][i]A) The Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, On third day after being crucified.
B) The Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ into Heaven 40 Days after the Resurrection.
C) Pentecost, 10th day of waiting the Holy Spirit Desends and comes to the Apostles of Christ.
D) The Assumption of Mary, Our Blessed Mother is taken into Heaven, Both Body and Soul.
E) The Coronation of Mary, She is crown and honored By being Queen of Heaven and Earth.[/i][/b][/color]

[b]2) Sorrowful Mysteries[/b]
[color="#0000FF"][b][i]A) The Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus awaits His horrific Passion.
b) The Scourging at the Pillar, Jesus is beaten brutually, marked with bloody stripes.
C) The Crowning of Thorns, Jesus is mocked as the Crown of Thorns is placed on His Head.
D) The Carrying of the Cross to Calvery, Jesus bears the Cross to the Place of the Skull.
E) The Crucifixion and Death. Jesus dies for the sins of the world, and conquers sin and death.[/i][/b][/color]

[b]3) Joyful Mysteries[/b]
[color="#0000FF"][i][b]A) The Annunciation of Blessed Virgin Mary, The Incarnation of Christ, in the womb of Mary.
B) The Visitation of Mary to Saint Elizabeth, Mary visits her cousin and calls her Blessed.
C) The Nativity of Jesus Christ, Mary gives Birth to the Savior of the World, JESUS.
D) The Presentation at the Temple, Jesus is brought according to the Law to the High Priest.
E) Finding Jesus at the Temple, Mary, & Joseph seek to find Jesus, they find him at the Temple.[/b][/i][/color]

[b]4) Luminous Mysteries[/b]
[color="#000080"][i][b]A) The Baptism of Our Lord Jesus Christ, St. John the Baptist, baptises Jesus, in the Jordan.
B) The Wedding at Canna, Jesus preforms His first Miracle by turning Water into the Best Wine.
C) The Proclamation of the Kingdom, Jesus gives the Sermon on the Mount.
D) The Transfiguration of Jesus, Jesus is visited by Moses and Elijah, and reveals His Glory.
E) The Institution of the Eucharist, Jesus transforms ordinary bread and wine into Himself.[/b][/i][/color]

Its out of order, but these are my favorite mysteries.

The Correct Order is the following.

1) Joyful Mysteries
2) Luminous Mysteries
3) Sorrowful Mysteries
4) Glorious Mysteries.

:)

Saint Therese

My favorite Glorious is the Assumption and the the Resurrection.

I love that the first person to Jesus risen was a repentant sinner. It gives me hope.

[quote name='Era Might' post='1672666' date='Oct 8 2008, 09:54 AM']I love the Luminous mysteries, especially the proclamation of the Kingdom.[/quote]
Hey! That's my fav, too :cool:

I really have enjoyed praying the Glorious mysteries...

The rosary is what first pulled me to Catholicism away from a 100% sure and absolutely convinced brand of atheism.

(Of course now I'm more open-minded because, yes, there technically is a possibility that God exists. I just don't think it's particularly likely, based on what I've seen.)