An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Music...

Old_Joe

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1674494' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:26 PM']I've only ever thought about my funeral hymns. You can't be sure you're gonna get married (plus your spouse might have other ideas for hymns) but everyone dies.[/quote]

I've got the music picked out for my funeral. I even have copies of the sheet music with my burial instructions. Next month we are going to pick out our spots in the mausoleum. I had to plan all that stuff for my dad when I was in my early 20's, and never want to wish that on anyone. I even have my obituary written, and update it every year on my birthday.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1674535' date='Oct 11 2008, 02:02 AM']*puts on shades because of awesomeness emitting from post* :cool:[/quote]

If it weren't for circumstances, I would completely marry you, SMM!

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1674880' date='Oct 11 2008, 06:55 PM']If it weren't for circumstances, I would completely marry you, SMM![/quote]
What kind of circumstances could those be? I mean, yeah, my circumstances says we can't, but hey, he's a cool guy! You totally should bewed him.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Justin86' post='1674906' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:13 PM']What kind of circumstances could those be? I mean, yeah, my circumstances says we can't, but hey, he's a cool guy! You totally should bewed him.[/quote]

I agree. Circumstances shmircumstances. Get me nephews and nieces!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1674934' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:57 PM']I agree. Circumstances shmircumstances. Get me nephews and nieces![/quote]

We have a (little) brother for that kind of thing.
Besides, I don't even know if SMM is taller than me or not.

And now we're way off-topic.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1674334' date='Oct 10 2008, 07:37 PM']I don't remember studying that in canon law, but I don't think it comes up that often. People who showed up late were locked out and banging on the door. We'd had so much interference, that our pastor was taking no chances. It had been canceled once before because of his family. I think he was afraid my mother in law would show up with a machine gun or something.[/quote]

Fair enough, it may be different in the USA. In England the doors of the venue to a wedding must be left open so that anyone has unfettered acces in case the marriage isn't valid in law.

missionseeker

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1674880' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:55 AM']If it weren't for circumstances, I would completely marry you, SMM![/quote]

[quote name='Justin86' post='1674906' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:13 AM']What kind of circumstances could those be? I mean, yeah, my circumstances says we can't, but hey, he's a cool guy! You totally should bewed him.[/quote]

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1674934' date='Oct 11 2008, 08:57 AM']I agree. Circumstances shmircumstances. Get me nephews and nieces![/quote]

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1674946' date='Oct 11 2008, 09:23 AM']We have a (little) brother for that kind of thing.

And now we're way off-topic.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

:unsure:

:lol:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1674540' date='Oct 10 2008, 07:16 PM']I've got the music picked out for my funeral. I even have copies of the sheet music with my burial instructions. Next month we are going to pick out our spots in the mausoleum. I had to plan all that stuff for my dad when I was in my early 20's, and never want to wish that on anyone. I even have my obituary written, and update it every year on my birthday.[/quote]
Wow, someone's thinking ahead. I think that's kinda cool... and wise.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1674880' date='Oct 11 2008, 05:55 AM']If it weren't for circumstances, I would completely marry you, SMM![/quote]
:blink: lawl.

I'm taken!

[quote name='Justin86' post='1674906' date='Oct 11 2008, 08:13 AM']What kind of circumstances could those be? I mean, yeah, my circumstances says we can't, but hey, he's a cool guy! You totally should bewed him.[/quote]
Read above

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1674946' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:23 AM']We have a (little) brother for that kind of thing.

And now we're way off-topic.[/quote]
Lawl... I'm almost 6 foot. almost.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1675065' date='Oct 11 2008, 02:19 PM']:lol_pound:

:unsure:

:lol:[/quote]
Yeah, I know, eh. The nerve :P

missionseeker

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1675208' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:07 PM']Wow, someone's thinking ahead. I think that's kinda cool... and wise.

:blink: lawl.

I'm taken!

Read above

Lawl... I'm almost 6 foot. almost.

Yeah, I know, eh. The nerve :P[/quote]

seriously. :lol:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1675208' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:07 AM']:blink: lawl.

I'm taken![/quote]

Yea, them's those circumstances I was talking about. And then I hadn't even got started on [i]mine[/i] :P

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1674481' date='Oct 10 2008, 05:47 PM']I'm not Irish, but I love the Celtic Alleluia.[/quote]
Don't worry. Celtic Alleluia isn't Irish either! :sweat: