An Old School Catholic Message Board

-ranting And Venting And Other Useless Thoughts-

Adrestia

*points at fellow scrimper and saver* Amen!

If not for my parents I'd be sunk, I help with utilities, but I'm paying for grad school on dead end job pay. Now the irresponsible corporate titans make my savings worth less and less as they require more bailouts raising taxes, and lower interest rates so I'm making even less on my money in the bank.

[quote name='BG45' post='1675347' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:10 PM']Now the irresponsible corporate titans make my savings worth less and less as they require more bailouts raising taxes, and lower interest rates so I'm making even less on my money in the bank.[/quote]

Seriously... the only upside is that we can now buy mutual funds at a 40% discount... if only I had an extra $10,000 lying around...

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1675508' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:01 AM']Seriously... the only upside is that we can now buy mutual funds at a 40% discount... if only I had an extra $10,000 lying around...[/quote]

Heh or more, 10k would nicely finish off grad school for me if I can continue to not need on campus courses...

[quote name='Faith 1st' post='1675268' date='Oct 11 2008, 09:19 PM']rachael can come to Arlington and pay $2.99 .......

that is TX for you

:)[/quote]
$2.85 here :topsy: