An Old School Catholic Message Board

Important Topics To Discuss In A Dating Relationship

Slappo

You never know when a conversation is going to go in a direction to learn something new about a potential spouse. My husband tells people that he had two "fall in love" moments with me. The first was hearing me sing hymns to myself in the kitchen while making a dinner for a houseful of people. The second and capper was listening to me give a lecture tracing the development of the Muslim Brotherhood coming out of the consequences of the Treaty of Versailles and the Treaty of Lausanne. He used to teach Military Geography at the American Military University online, and was convinced women had no interest in military history. I actually think it was my key lime pie that got the proposal out of him.

[quote name='rachael' post='1674999' date='Oct 11 2008, 11:56 AM']So Meg,

How do you feel about guns? :evil:[/quote]

:mellow:
I like guns.

missionseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675064' date='Oct 11 2008, 01:17 PM']You never know when a conversation is going to go in a direction to learn something new about a potential spouse. My husband tells people that he had two "fall in love" moments with me. The first was hearing me sing hymns to myself in the kitchen while making a dinner for a houseful of people. The second and capper was listening to me give a lecture tracing the development of the Muslim Brotherhood coming out of the consequences of the Treaty of Versailles and the Treaty of Lausanne. He used to teach Military Geography at the American Military University online, and was convinced women had no interest in military history. I actually think it was my key lime pie that got the proposal out of him.[/quote]

Awesome!!!!

a (girl)friend once told me "Catherine, you're going to be a great mom! you sing while you cook!" and I was :twitch: ok. I had no idea that had anything to do with maternal skills, but hey, whatever! :lol:

You rock, Catherine. Seriously. I wanna be like you.

I got the name down... haha

Archaeology cat

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1675068' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:22 PM']Awesome!!!!

a (girl)friend once told me "Catherine, you're going to be a great mom! you sing while you cook!" and I was :twitch: ok. I had no idea that had anything to do with maternal skills, but hey, whatever! :lol:[/quote]
My husband always thought it was funny that I would sing while I cook. When I got pregnant, I started singing all the time. Don't know if it's at all related, but hey, it works. :))

missionseeker

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1675070' date='Oct 11 2008, 02:31 PM']My husband always thought it was funny that I would sing while I cook. When I got pregnant, I started singing all the time. Don't know if it's at all related, but hey, it works. :))[/quote]

good to know! :hehe:

[quote name='picchick' post='1675067' date='Oct 11 2008, 02:22 PM']:mellow:
I like guns.[/quote]

Wanna go to the range sometime after Mass? Perfect thing to do when you're feeling bitter.

missionarybelle

ha ha i think important things to ask are

if the toilet paper should be hung over or under...
if you squeeze the middle or the end of the tube of toothpaste...
if the towels should be washed after every use, or every few days...
who has to kill the spiders...

stuff like that makes marriages fall apart.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1675186' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:43 PM']Wanna go to the range sometime after Mass? Perfect thing to do when you're feeling bitter.[/quote]

Um....aren't you like 40 something?

:P

I think I will take a pass.... Plus, I haven't bought my gun...yet.

I had to leave my rifle in Florida. Canada barely let me in as it was, so if I had been packing, no way. My former roommate sold it to a KKK member, which for people who have read my book will find ironic on so many levels.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675250' date='Oct 11 2008, 08:52 PM']I had to leave my rifle in Florida. Canada barely let me in as it was, so if I had been packing, no way. My former roommate sold it to a KKK member, which for people who have read my book will find ironic on so many levels.[/quote]
That's pretty funny. On many levels.

missionseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675250' date='Oct 11 2008, 07:52 PM']I had to leave my rifle in Florida. Canada barely let me in as it was, so if I had been packing, no way. My former roommate sold it to a KKK member, which for people who have read my book will find ironic on so many levels.[/quote]

Is your riffle still floatin' around here? I'd pay to have it. :mellow:

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1675287' date='Oct 11 2008, 08:51 PM']Is your riffle still floatin' around here? I'd pay to have it. :mellow:[/quote]

You as a college student wouldn't be able to afford it. I was on the rifle team in college, and have expensive taste when it come to tools. There was a lot of stuff I had to leave behind in Florida, that I was supposed to be paid for when my roommate sold them. I guess the check got lost in the mail. Mine for half my rent until the end of the lease never got lost though, go figure. I really miss my old VW camper van. My husband was worth it though.

missionseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1675355' date='Oct 11 2008, 10:18 PM']You as a college student wouldn't be able to afford it. I was on the rifle team in college, and have expensive taste when it come to tools. There was a lot of stuff I had to leave behind in Florida, that I was supposed to be paid for when my roommate sold them. I guess the check got lost in the mail. Mine for half my rent until the end of the lease never got lost though, go figure. I really miss my old VW camper van. My husband was worth it though.[/quote]

I repeat: you are awesome.

Darn it about the gun, though. that would be awesome. :lol:

:beer: Hi Slappo. I live in Steubenville with my husband (Laudate_Dominum) we met on PM, which is kinda neat. I can say that the one common theme here that seems to be prevelant is TAAAALK. :lol:
Catherine had some AWESOME pointers, that unfun practical stuff should be discussed early on, the other things will come naturally. Keep your prayer life strong, go to Mass often, and receive the sacraments often. This helps you so so much, believe me. Edited by Luthien