An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yes I Know This Will Get Me In Trouble

goldenchild17

goldenchild17

I know leaving threads are not permitted. But I don't really care anymore. Maybe I'll be back someday and maybe I won't. I suppose I could stop in and read occasionally, but God just didn't grace me with the patience necessary to deal here anymore. I stayed because there were (and still are) quite a few people I think highly of and would love to discuss things with, but there is just too much obstinate ignorance and biases and basically hard-headedness here when it comes to what I believe.

I totally understand the reasoning for the restrictions on my account, so that's not the issue, its just that I don't have the time or patience to wait for people to come to their senses. Not even being able to access my own profile and edit basic information, such as location and email address and whatnot was too much imho. I know that my faith obviously presents too great a threat to your mission here as mine is the only philosophical position not permitted to be discussed. And while I recognize that this isn't a democracy and administration has the right to run this place however they want, I also need to respect my own faith and not keep it hidden just because people are afraid of what it might mean. For a Church that is supposedly so bent on religious dialogue and conversion, I sure haven't been feeling the love :D. So, instead I think I'll bow out. Those of you who want to stay in touch, my email SHOULD be in my profile, unless its been removed as well. Don't bother sending me any pm's or comments. I won't be able to see them.

Anyways, I'm sorry I even had to post this. I don't want to leave. Having been here since 03 without any major I thought I might have garnered some amount of trust. But, it wasn't meant to be. Administration is dedicated towards its cause and I respect that. I have been beat :).

p.s. I'm sure this thread will be closed, because leaving threads aren't permitted for some reason, but later and God bless to all who might see this before that happens.

peace

Colin Michael Fry in Denver (look me up on Facebook)

Edited by goldenchild17

Hey buddy, sorry to see you go, I actually sent you an email maybe a few weeks ago, not sure if you got it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I admire the patience you exhibited on this board, hopefully I'll get in touch with you via facebook.

Pax Christi

goldenchild17

[quote name='mortify' post='1674789' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:18 PM']Hey buddy, sorry to see you go, I actually sent you an email maybe a few weeks ago, not sure if you got it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I admire the patience you exhibited on this board, hopefully I'll get in touch with you via facebook.

Pax Christi[/quote]

oh, I thought I had replied to that. No wonder I didn't hear back haha :). I'll re-send you the message when I get a chance.

Edited by goldenchild17

goldenchild17

[quote name='inDEED' post='1674792' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:23 PM']Take care & good luck![/quote]

:hippie: just wanted to use my favorite smilies one more time.

:smokey:

:ninja:

:mellow:

and a couple I've never used:

:fireman: :bart: :witch:

God speed, take care man. I'm sorry to see you go.

I guess I tend to stay out of the drama usually, so I rarely see any conflicts unless I'm involved in them myself. :lol: I rarely venture into the Debate Forum these days.

For the record... I liked you...

You always debated fair and honest. Didn't go around in circles. And always knew when to say we're going to disagree. I think we had a disagreement on the language of the Church regarding capital punishment once.

Good luck.

goldenchild17

yeah I think that was probably the one thing I remember disagreeing w/you about, but its all good. It was definitely fun talking to you. peace

Edited by goldenchild17

goldenchild17

yeah well. It's not like I'm in any hurry or anything. Not sure what type of "potency" it's supposed to have? I've been here for more than 5 years, I think I can take my time heading out. Takes time to say goodbyes :)

Edited by goldenchild17

I'm leaving right now to go call my mom.

That's why the "I'm leaving" threads, get closed--cause people will start flooding the boards every time they leave their computer to take a dunk.