An Old School Catholic Message Board

Acorn

jckinsman

<_< I was just wondering if those of us who registered ALL ON OUR OWN feel alittle uneasy with this group running around registering dead people,whole starting line ups of football teams,..in the wrong state,times two.....illegals.....infants....people without anyform of ID what so ever. :lol_roll: WOW, Then when we question it,we are the ones who just don't want people to vote. Anyone? :annoyed:

Heres alittle clue,If you are legal to vote go and register,....It's not tough,and if for some reason you can not figure it out,ask someone who is, to help you. Hey and well your at it, bring your ID! :smokey: Edited by jckinsman

Personally, I don't think that you should vote if it is not important enough for you to go register and learn about the issues. I don't want someone who doesn't care to cancel my vote.

ACORN has been doing this for years and yet they seem to have a special protected status that keeps the funding coming. The corruption of the elector process is a very dangerous thing.

Fidei Defensor

ACORN is bad news.

I think all states should enact same day registration. It takes less than 5 minutes and would ensure that everyone who is legally able, can vote. I think it's silly to put restrictions on voting by setting a deadline to register.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1674852' date='Oct 11 2008, 01:43 AM']ACORN is bad news.

I think all states should enact same day registration. It takes less than 5 minutes and would ensure that everyone who is legally able, can vote. I think it's silly to put restrictions on voting by setting a deadline to register.[/quote]
Legal ID is the key! This kind of stuff makes me so angry!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1674859' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:55 PM']Legal ID is the key! This kind of stuff makes me so angry![/quote]
I agree.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1674852' date='Oct 11 2008, 01:43 AM']ACORN is bad news.

I think all states should enact same day registration. It takes less than 5 minutes and would ensure that everyone who is legally able, can vote. I think it's silly to put restrictions on voting by setting a deadline to register.[/quote]
Both the laws and the paperwork involved prevent this.

I've only worked elections in Illinois, but I suspect it's pretty similar everywhere. First off, you have to have been a resident [i]for a certain period of time[/i], in order to vote. That's the main reason why they cut off the registration.

Still, an election takes a lot of time to prepare. In order to prevent fraud and make the process simple, there's a binder with a single printed sheet for every voter, located at the precinct where their address is registered. It has all their information, including which ballot style they get (there are usually MANY different ballots) and a replica of their signature. When that person goes into vote, they sign the sheet, and it's removed from the binder.

(BTW, this is great when people live in the same house and have the same name... there's no warning on the sheets that there are three generations of John Smiths at that residence... <_<)

Do you really expect the people who work elections to be able to look up any address, verify that it's legit, know which precinct it is in, and what elections someone in that location is supposed to vote in? It's not just state and federal, you know. School districts, fire protection districts, villages, townships...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='philothea' post='1675113' date='Oct 11 2008, 02:37 PM']Both the laws and the paperwork involved prevent this.

I've only worked elections in Illinois, but I suspect it's pretty similar everywhere. First off, you have to have been a resident [i]for a certain period of time[/i], in order to vote. That's the main reason why they cut off the registration.

Still, an election takes a lot of time to prepare. In order to prevent fraud and make the process simple, there's a binder with a single printed sheet for every voter, located at the precinct where their address is registered. It has all their information, including which ballot style they get (there are usually MANY different ballots) and a replica of their signature. When that person goes into vote, they sign the sheet, and it's removed from the binder.

(BTW, this is great when people live in the same house and have the same name... there's no warning on the sheets that there are three generations of John Smiths at that residence... <_<)

Do you really expect the people who work elections to be able to look up any address, verify that it's legit, know which precinct it is in, and what elections someone in that location is supposed to vote in? It's not just state and federal, you know. School districts, fire protection districts, villages, townships...[/quote]
It works just fine for us in Wisconsin. I registered the same day I voted in the primary elections.

If did that what is to stop you from going precinct to precinct registering and voting?

We had an instances of this here and we don't have same day registration.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1675114' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:39 PM']It works just fine for us in Wisconsin. I registered the same day I voted in the primary elections.[/quote]
Huh.

I see North Dakota doesn't even have registration. Just walk in and vote.

:pinch:

Maybe in states that don't have Chicago as their major population center... :eek:

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1674815' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:02 PM']<_< I was just wondering if those of us who registered ALL ON OUR OWN feel alittle uneasy with this group running around registering dead people,whole starting line ups of football teams,..in the wrong state,times two.....illegals.....infants....people without anyform of ID what so ever. :lol_roll: WOW, Then when we question it,we are the ones who just don't want people to vote. Anyone? :annoyed:

Heres alittle clue,If you are legal to vote go and register,....It's not tough,and if for some reason you can not figure it out,ask someone who is, to help you. Hey and well your at it, bring your ID! :smokey:[/quote]

One think acron does in try to get people registured who are low income or old. They might not still have their birth certificate, people lose stuff. I know that you have been hearing about people in political parties getting these fake people registured, but that is not what happened with acorn. In New Mexico case of voter registration fraud they found was because at acorn you get payed by the number of people you registure, and this low-income women wanted more money so she registured a sixteen year old. But besides that isolated incident I have not hear anything about it.

[quote name='lilCook009' post='1675165' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:57 PM']One think acron does in try to get people registured who are low income or old. They might not still have their birth certificate, people lose stuff. I know that you have been hearing about people in political parties getting these fake people registured, but that is not what happened with acorn. In New Mexico case of voter registration fraud they found was because at acorn you get payed by the number of people you registure, and this low-income women wanted more money so she registured a sixteen year old. But besides that isolated incident I have not hear anything about it.[/quote]

You need to watch the news more...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1675118' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:01 PM']If did that what is to stop you from going precinct to precinct registering and voting?

We had an instances of this here and we don't have same day registration.[/quote]
You're only allowed to register in the precinct in which your residence is located. You must provide valid, government issued ID as well as some kind of current bill to prove your residence.

[quote name='lilCook009' post='1675165' date='Oct 11 2008, 05:57 PM']One think acron does in try to get people registured who are low income or old. They might not still have their birth certificate, people lose stuff. I know that you have been hearing about people in political parties getting these fake people registured, but that is not what happened with acorn. In New Mexico case of voter registration fraud they found was because at acorn you get payed by the number of people you registure, and this low-income women wanted more money so she registured a sixteen year old. But besides that isolated incident I have not hear anything about it.[/quote]
Honestly,we all know that there is alot of room for fraud here and it happens more then is reported. I think that even the "poor" and "old" can figure this one out. Honesty and acorn don't mix. :smokey:

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1675493' date='Oct 12 2008, 12:25 AM']You're only allowed to register in the precinct in which your residence is located. You must provide valid, government issued ID as well as some kind of current bill to prove your residence.[/quote]

Cite, please?