An Old School Catholic Message Board

Acorn

jckinsman

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1676904' date='Oct 13 2008, 10:31 PM']Cite, please?[/quote]
I live here, I don't need to cite anything. I went through the process when I registered. They asked me first for my ID, then they asked me for either a current bill or something to identify where I resided. They use that information to fill out my form and they put it in their binder.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1677171' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:07 AM']I live here, I don't need to cite anything. I went through the process when I registered. They asked me first for my ID, then they asked me for either a current bill or something to identify where I resided. They use that information to fill out my form and they put it in their binder.[/quote]
Not here... You used to be able to bring a bill to vouch for your address... and if you didn't have a bill, you can have a registered neighbor vouch for you. How's that for opening up potential voting fraud?

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1675118' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:01 PM']If did that what is to stop you from going precinct to precinct registering and voting?

We had an instances of this here and we don't have same day registration.[/quote]

I am a student in a swing state and since I live in the dorms I am allowed to vote here instead of my homestate, which is not a swing state. They were telling us the same thing during the early voting period here--register and vote on the same day, but you must bring a current bill, paycheck stub, or other piece of "official mail"..such as a bank statement.. in order to register to vote.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1676904' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:31 PM']Cite, please?[/quote]

[url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=register+and+vote+on+the+same+day&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq="]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=r...mp;aq=f&oq=[/url]

there are so many choices i couldn't pick just one.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1677172' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:17 AM']Not here... You used to be able to bring a bill to vouch for your address... and if you didn't have a bill, you can have a registered neighbor vouch for you. How's that for opening up potential voting fraud?[/quote]

Registering on Election Day
If you are not registered to vote or need to update your registration information, you may do so at your local polling location on Election Day. However, you are required to provide proof of residence when registering on Election Day.

To register at your polling place on Election Day, you must have one of the following with your current name and address in the precinct to verify your residence:

A valid Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these
A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to election officials
A Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature
A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address
A notice of late registration sent to you by your county auditor or city clerk
[b]A voter registered in the same precinct as you who can confirm your address with a signed oath[/b]
[b]An employee of the residential facility where you live who can confirm your address with a signed oath[/b]

i guess it still happens in some places.. that is definitely ripe for fraud, you are right.

Edited by SpareTime

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1677171' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:07 AM'][b]I live here, I don't need to cite anything. I went through the process when I registered[/b]. They asked me first for my ID, then they asked me for either a current bill or something to identify where I resided. They use that information to fill out my form and they put it in their binder.[/quote]

I wasn't calling you a liar. I was just interested, because that's not how it works here. However, statements like that are void of intellectual honesty.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1677330' date='Oct 14 2008, 01:58 PM']I wasn't calling you a liar. I was just interested, because that's not how it works here. However, statements like that are void of intellectual honesty.[/quote]
I apologize. I jumped at you because I'm used to the cut-throat kinds of discussions that normally occur here.

I don't have a formal source other than myself going through the experience.