An Old School Catholic Message Board

Alaska Inquiry Concludes Palin Abused Powers

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1675638' date='Oct 12 2008, 02:33 PM']I must disagree slightly, Justin.

It's not just improper grammar, but rather...five sentences torn up and mashed together to construct one incoherent line that claims to be a sentence, when in reality...

I can hardly decipher it and have since stopped trying.[/quote]

I can understand her just fine.

We don't always agrea but she is far from incoherant.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1675644' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:53 PM']the lazy reader is just as guilty as the lazy writer, in the situations we're talking about with me. true, better grammar in those situations is even more needed, but like i said, it's not incomprehensible. not even close.[/quote]

Maybe not incomprehensible to you. Just like I can read my handwriting, but no one else can :topsy:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675653' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:07 PM']I can understand her just fine.

We don't always agrea but she is far from incoherant.[/quote]
For the 3 months you've been here? You've missed some of her masterpieces. :mellow:

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1675644' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:53 PM']what often happens is i have advanced thoughts,[/quote]
:bigshock:

Priceless quote!

what I don't understand is why if someone says that Palin needs better pronounciation or grammar or education, whatever, then they are a snob, but some of the same people gripe at dairygirl and call her juvenile for it. interesting. I can't complain about dg's writing because i tend to not capitalize things either, but, dg, when you posts 10 posts in a row it is kinda funny.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1675674' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:30 PM']what I don't understand is why if someone says that Palin needs better pronounciation or grammar or education, whatever, then they are a snob, but some of the same people gripe at dairygirl and call her juvenile for it. interesting.[/quote]

I think's it's what small town values folks would call "hypocracy" :detective:

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1675674' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:30 PM']what I don't understand is why if someone says that Palin needs better pronounciation or grammar or education, whatever, then they are a snob, but some of the same people gripe at dairygirl and call her juvenile for it. interesting. I can't complain about dg's writing because i tend to not capitalize things either, but, dg, when you posts 10 posts in a row it is kinda funny.[/quote]
Let me clarify for you then. People mock Bush and Palin and believe them to be unintelligent because they butcher some words' pronunciation. Dairygirl4u2c refuses to use basic grammar and/or spelling in her posts. I don't believe it to be a reflection of her intelligence, but it is frustrating when half the time you put into reading her posts is spent trying to translate into the english language we hold so dear to our hearts. It also comes off as arrogant. She expects everyone to know exactly what she is trying to convey, and if you don't, then God help you because you must be lazy. So she gets some ribbing for it. Autumn follows summer. :lol:

HisChildForever

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1675644' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:53 PM']what often happens is i have advanced thoughts,[/quote]

[i]Real[/i]ly.

[quote][b]and any difficult grammar[/b] is instantly dubbed [b]"what a third grader"[/b] and then dismissed (along with the idea that they don't want to critically analyze their beliefs, or change their position when wrong).[/quote]

You meant "illogical" not "difficult" right?

[quote]really what's transpiring is people don't want to think.[/quote]

Or we don't want to translate.

[quote]my grammar isn't that bad. [b]writing by definition can't be easily taken if it's an advanced idea, you have to think. [/b][/quote]

Come again?

[quote]the lazy reader is just as guilty as the lazy writer, in the situations we're talking about with me.[/quote]

A lazy reader is someone who does not want to read a lengthy post, for example. In the situations we're talking about with you, we're talking about a waste of time - i.e., having to comb through your "arguments" three or four times to first decipher, THEN read, THEN critique, THEN reply. By the time we're done translating, the point of even reading your post(s) is practically non-existent.

[quote]true, better grammar in those situations is even more needed, but like i said, it's not incomprehensible. not even close.[/quote]

Sure.

[quote]also, if he htinks this debate is hashed, and so doesn't want to debate it. i'm willing to accept that he thinks that. but, if he's willing, i'm willing ot continue, to show there's no way he could argue that he's not wrong. any way he tries to frame the argument, he's done somehting illogical or hypocritical etc.[/quote]

Not even bothering to translate this one.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675653' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:07 PM']I can understand her just fine.

We don't always [b]agrea[/b] but she is far from [b]incoherant.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675681' date='Oct 12 2008, 04:35 PM']I think's it's what small town values folks would call [b]"hypocracy"[/b] :detective:[/quote]

Because you speak the same language.

I've been told by the democrats that Palin's political experiences in Alaska meet little to nothing. What is more important is focusing on Obama's experience as a community organizer. Using their advice, I will ignore this episode of Northern Exposure and focus on Obama's relationship with ACORN and William "Timothy McVeigh" Ayres. It is what Obama would want.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1675847' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:06 PM']I've been told by the democrats that Palin's political experiences in Alaska meet little to nothing. What is more important is focusing on Obama's experience as a community organizer. Using their advice, I will ignore this episode of Northern Exposure and focus on Obama's relationship with ACORN and William "Timothy McVeigh" Ayres. It is what Obama would want.[/quote]

And what of [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=86070"]Raila Odinga tyrant of Kenya?[/url]

foolishmortal

You can't vote for one who'd make abortions easier if the other votes against pro-abortion measures, so it might as well be about abortion and such. It's also been said that a nation is only as great as it treats its most defenseless (well, that's paraphrased, but it's the same idea).
Voting for Obama to fix the economy is like the Weinmar Republic voting for Hitler to get them out of their rut, although even the Church was not aware of his evil for a while. We are aware of Obama, though, as he has been doing the same thing, not to Jews and Gypsies and those who stood in his way, but to the most defenseless.

Here's a handy guide for Kansans by a pro-life PAC.
[url="http://www.voteprolife.net/08%20endorsements_3.htm"]http://www.voteprolife.net/08%20endorsements_3.htm[/url]

It has a chart that has the voting record and a quote from both of the main 2 candidates for Pres. and VP. Of course, there are other parties that could spoil Obama's chances if voted for, if you don't want to vote for McCain. I don't know where they stand on things. Alan Keyes, a black Catholic, was on there. I would have voted for him that one time he was one of the top 3 in a primary (I think it was 2004), because he's Catholic and conservative and would be a black leader who would treat fellow black people better than those who keep them dependent on the Democrats (they need to see a difference), but Kansas only got to vote in the primaries this year. I guess Brownback is wishy-washy on pro-life issues, so I guess you can't count on a socially-conservative Catholic, just because they are that. Conservative Republican presidents haven't overturned Roe v. Wade, but they haven't facilitated it either.

Obama and his running mate are radicals--Obama being an extreme kind, but assisted by others not that extreme. War victims can run, scream, be baptized )if Christian) and prepare for death; abortion victims can't do anything but be dissolved in acid and/or dismembered or pulled out alive in one piece by accident and be exposed with no food, water or love, if in a place ruled by people ike Obama. It's a no-brainer decision for a devout Catholic between those 2, at least.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1675759' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:16 PM']QUOTE (Hassan @ Oct 12 2008, 04:07 PM)
I can understand her just fine.

We don't always agrea but she is far from incoherant.

QUOTE (Hassan @ Oct 12 2008, 04:35 PM)
I think's it's what small town values folks would call "hypocracy"

Because you speak the same language.[/quote]

Apparently Hassan's purposeful errors were over your head.

HisChildForever

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676177' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:40 PM']Apparently Hassan's purposeful errors were over your head.[/quote]

Have you [i]never[/i] debated with him before?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676222' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:09 PM']Have you [i]never[/i] debated with him before?[/quote]

It's a secret Muslim language that DairGirl, SpareTime, and I speak. It's close to English, with some arabic syntatic irregularities and spelling mixed in :detective:

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676222' date='Oct 13 2008, 01:09 PM']Have you [i]never[/i] debated with him before?[/quote]

i have refrained from debating on this board because before i ever joined i noticed that following the rules of debate is a rarity here.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1675759' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:16 PM'][i]Real[/i]ly.

You meant "illogical" not "difficult" right?

Or we don't want to translate.

Come again?

A lazy reader is someone who does not want to read a lengthy post, for example. In the situations we're talking about with you, we're talking about a waste of time - i.e., having to comb through your "arguments" three or four times to first decipher, THEN read, THEN critique, THEN reply. By the time we're done translating, the point of even reading your post(s) is practically non-existent.

Sure.

Not even bothering to translate this one.

Because you speak the same language.[/quote]

:detective:

[url="http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/geekend/images/lolcat-attack.png"]http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/geekend/...lcat-attack.png[/url]