An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guess I'm Not Going To Mass

Lil Red

+J.M.J.+
so the city government just declared a civil weather alert - only emergency travel right now. nobody is to 'venture outside of their home unless absolutely necessary.'

:( and i didn't go last week because i was feeling awful. :(

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1675602' date='Oct 12 2008, 01:52 PM']Wow... what kind of weather are you having?

(please don't say 'snow')[/quote]
thinking the same thing... but I didn't wanna get the "how could you not know that we have a cat.5 hurricane in our area? gosh..." lawl.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1675602' date='Oct 12 2008, 11:52 AM']Wow... what kind of weather are you having?

(please don't say 'snow')[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
yes, lots of it. gonna head your way, methinks. :unsure:

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1675637' date='Oct 12 2008, 02:31 PM']sunday Mass is absolutely necessary. :unsure:[/quote]

by the way, i meant that in a you-could-break-the-rule-if-you-want-to way, not to come down on you for listening to the weather alert. i hope that was clear.

breaking the rules could put her life in danger and possibly her family.

This would qualify as an instance where this is out of her control.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1675675' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:32 PM']by the way, i meant that in a you-could-break-the-rule-if-you-want-to way, not to come down on you for listening to the weather alert. i hope that was clear.[/quote]

There were large periods of time in my life where I was not physically capable of attending mass. I would watch it on TV, listen to it on the short wave, and have a Eucharistic Minister come to visit. When Hurricane Charlie was expected to make a direct hit, the bishop ordered us to stay at home. They are allowed to do that you know. It wasn't about being afraid of the weather, it was about the civil authorities having the right to close the roads to civilian traffic, and about not endangering ourselves and others.