An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone Else Frustrated?

Mercy me

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1676042' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:06 AM']Ya. And this is also the same McCain that decided to fight corruption in his own party by getting into bed with Ted Kennedy. I do think that he is either incompetent, as fidei defensor said; or he doesn't seriously want to win the election.[/quote]

And don't forget, he's the same guy who told conservatives to "get over it" or something like that. I can't remember the exact words but I can find it later. He basically told us to shut up and stop whining about how he's not a real conservative and he doesn't represent conservatives.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='BG45' post='1675976' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:53 PM']Agreed. Pity McCain's rallies are getting so hateful at points that he's being booed for saying Obama isn't a traitor...fortunately it's not been widespread.

If there was one man in this nation I thought would be worthy of the Presidency, it would be Colin Powell. If I had to go for a second choice, it would have been 2000 era McCain; back in his relative prime.[/quote]

Colin Powel?? Oh please. He's ALSO not a real conservative, and I've heard he's pro-choice.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1675856' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:20 PM']I just don't get it. Obama doesn't stand for much but what he does stand for is is appalling and if people realized that he supports murdering children that survived abortion, I think that they would also be appalled. I think that people would be appalled by the majority of things funded by the Chicago Annenberg Challenge the only leadership role in Obama's career. Oh yeah, he worked there with Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist. This does not even touch on the massive spending and socialization that Obama is proposing. Does McCain touch on this? No!

At the convention he stood there and challenged us to fight, fight with him.... What is going on?[/quote]
Because on the two most pressing, urgent issues facing the US right now, to wit, the war in Iraq - not to mention the war in Afghanistan, which is quickly going pear-shaped - and the economy, McCain offers nothing but the tried and failed policies of the Bush administration, and it's patently and painfully obvious that he's got nothing. If McCain had something positive to offer that would gain some traction with the voters, he would. Bringing up Ayers and Rezko and Wright may fire up those already committed to McCain but it will do nothing to win over undecided voters or to win swing states.

As for social issues, McCain is lukewarm on those at best. Whatever cover Palin may give him on those issues is undermined by her otherwise clear deficiencies with what it actually takes to be president, i.e. knowing stuff besides how to field dress a moose.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1675856' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:20 PM']I just don't get it. Obama doesn't stand for much but what he does stand for is is appalling and if people realized that he supports murdering children that survived abortion, I think that they would also be appalled. I think that people would be appalled by the majority of things funded by the Chicago Annenberg Challenge the only leadership role in Obama's career. Oh yeah, he worked there with Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist. This does not even touch on the massive spending and socialization that Obama is proposing. Does McCain touch on this? No!

At the convention he stood there and challenged us to fight, fight with him.... What is going on?[/quote]
Maybe because the majority of the country doesn't believe that tired out propaganda...?

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1676042' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:06 AM']or he doesn't seriously want to win the election.[/quote]

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1676105' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:06 AM']I don't think he cares if he wins. I believe he's a liberal in a Republican's clothing, he was NOT chosen by the Republican voters in America (he was just the last man standing after all the others dropped out one by one), and he is barely even running a campaign. He has also done little or nothing in favor of his VP running mate as she's been crucified in the media and in the Obama campaign. Not only does McCain not fight for himself, he doesn't fight for anyone else around him either. There is something very, very wrong with the way he's been running his campaign--I started having this sense before Palin ever came along. I know this sounds crazy but it's almost like McCain's sole purpose is to ensure that Obama wins.[/quote]

i'm giving you both an "A" for plausibility - best explanations i've seen yet.

so... four years of protesting stand before us, eh?

Ok. Now this thread has gone off the deep end. Accusations: he doesn't want to win; he's a secret candidate for the liberals; he puts up no defense. All are wrong. He is no secret candidate. He just has weak moments in his campaign. That doesn't mean he doesn't have strong moments. You have to admit he doing well considering the many factors working against him. Obama should be 20 points up in the polls if we are to believe everything the press tells us.