An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun, 106, To Vote For Obama

Vincent Vega

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1676092' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:41 AM']I have a question for those of you who brought up her dying prior to election day: wouldn't her intent to vote for Obama be just as grave and morally problematic as actually going through it?[/quote]
Don't tell KoC that. He doesn't care about her soul, he only cares that she'd be one more nail in McCain's coffin...

[quote name='Justin86' post='1676142' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:14 AM']Don't you mean she lost a few decades of her Rosary?[/quote]
:lol: Lost her beads.

[quote name='Majella' post='1676090' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:44 AM']She might be surrounded by left-wingers whose only concern is "social justice".
The killing of innocent babies is of no importance to them.[/quote]

Grave generalizations.. that's the spirit! now you're a real phatmasser..

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676021' date='Oct 12 2008, 10:07 PM']Strange that a 106 year old Nun liveing in the Vatican has no idea that voteing for Obama is a danger to her immortal soul.[/quote]
sin makes you stupid.

i thought that in order for a sin to be mortal, one had to know it was mortal..doesn't that fall under the "sufficient reflection" thing? so how is it possible to say "x is a mortal sin" without knowing if the person even knows or has thought about it enough? The baltimore catechism explains in #280-290 about mortal sin. special attention should be paid to #288:

Q. 288. Why is it wrong to judge others guilty of sin?
A. It is wrong to judge others guilty of sin because we cannot know for certain that their sinful
act was committed with sufficient reflection and full consent of the will.

homeschoolmom

I thought it was odd that she hasn't voted since 1952. Apparently during the entire Cold War there was not one election worthy of this nun's vote? Hmmmm... Methinks there is more going on than meets the eye. I'm wondering if someone has put her up to this. The elderly can be easily manipulated.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1676238' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:40 PM']I thought it was odd that she hasn't voted since 1952. Apparently during the entire Cold War there was not one election worthy of this nun's vote? Hmmmm... Methinks there is more going on than meets the eye. I'm wondering if someone has put her up to this. The elderly can be easily manipulated.[/quote]

i can definitely see this happening. she's 106, after all!! probably some seemingly nice young people have been feeding her lines about how wonderful and great obama is and she probably doesn't know any better or has "lost too much" of her mind to know any better..i just can't imagine an explanation where a woman as old as she is, who has been a nun for over 50 years, with vote for Obama knowing all the facts.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676229' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:29 PM']i thought that in order for a sin to be mortal, one had to know it was mortal..doesn't that fall under the "sufficient reflection" thing? so how is it possible to say "x is a mortal sin" without knowing if the person even knows or has thought about it enough? The baltimore catechism explains in #280-290 about mortal sin. special attention should be paid to #288:

Q. 288. Why is it wrong to judge others guilty of sin?
A. It is wrong to judge others guilty of sin because we cannot know for certain that their sinful
act was committed with sufficient reflection and full consent of the will.[/quote]

I think there is a difference between stating that an act in itself is objectively a mortal sin or grave matter, and making the observation that someone is committing it -- and stating to what extent someone is guilty or culpable of it. The former would presumably be done if someone is concerned about the well-being of someone's soul. The latter is what God only knows.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1676238' date='Oct 13 2008, 01:40 PM']I thought it was odd that she hasn't voted since 1952. Apparently during the entire Cold War there was not one election worthy of this nun's vote? Hmmmm... Methinks there is more going on than meets the eye. I'm wondering if someone has put her up to this. The elderly can be easily manipulated.[/quote]

You kn ow what I bet :detective:

Obama sent some of his fellow Jihad wageing Muslims from Kenya on a boat owned by William Ayers get to Rome where they and some Somolian immigvrants overtook that convent and forced their new Christian Dhummies to vote for Obama so he could pave the way for global Muslim domination :smokey:

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676349' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:51 PM']You kn ow what I bet :detective:

Obama sent some of his fellow Jihad wageing bears from Kenya on a boat owned by someone other than Stephen Colbert get to Rome where they and some grizzly immigvrants overtook that convent and forced their new Polars and Kodiaks to vote for Obama so he could pave the way for global bear domination :smokey:[/quote]

Sorry, I had to do it. I miss your flying cat avatar but I had to do something fun with the new one.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676349' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:51 PM']You kn ow what I bet :detective:

Obama sent some of his fellow Jihad wageing Muslims from Kenya on a boat owned by William Ayers get to Rome where they and some Somolian immigvrants overtook that convent and forced their new Christian Dhummies to vote for Obama so he could pave the way for global Muslim domination :smokey:[/quote]
:doh: Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1676368' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:24 PM']Sorry, I had to do it. I miss your flying cat avatar but I had to do something fun with the new one.[/quote]

LOL!

I miss the flying cat avitar too :sadder:

I have to admit I'm not satidfied with this bear one, however your adaptation of my post was very funny:P

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676372' date='Oct 14 2008, 12:28 PM']LOL!

I miss the flying cat avitar too :sadder:

I have to admit I'm not satidfied with this bear one, however your adaptation of my post was very funny:P[/quote]

How can you joke about this situation? Whatever your ideas or thougths are on thi9s issue: Don't joke about it; PRAY about it !!