An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun, 106, To Vote For Obama

Vincent Vega

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7665925.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7665925.stm[/url]
Is it bad of me to hope that the Lord takes her home before the fourth of next month? :unsure:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1675886' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:22 PM'][url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7665925.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7665925.stm[/url]
Is it bad of me to hope that the Lord takes her home before the fourth of next month? :unsure:[/quote]

Yes, it's a really disgusting thing to hope for actually

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675903' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:55 PM']Yes, it's a really disgusting thing to hope for actually[/quote]

Not if it is the will of God, and helps her in the salvation of her soul.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1675906' date='Oct 12 2008, 07:57 PM']Not if it is the will of God, and helps her in the salvation of her soul.[/quote]
Then hope and pray for the will of God to be done, seeing as you don't know what his will is.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1675908' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:59 PM']Then hope and pray for the will of God to be done, seeing as you don't know what his will is.[/quote]

Of course, there is no greater prayer.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1675909' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:00 PM']Of course, there is no greater prayer.[/quote]
I agree.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1675909' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:00 PM']Of course, there is no greater prayer.[/quote]

except perhapse to pray that an old women will die before she votes against your cannidate.

I'm sorry but I'm a bit shocked that someone could hope for such a sick thing. As much as I dislike of the American conservative movement I can't imagain praying that someone would die before voteing for McCain.

Really, really sick stuff.

I'm surprised that someone who achieved many more years than her allotted 3 score 10, would be so cavalier about the lives of others.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675903' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:55 PM']Yes, it's a really disgusting thing to hope for actually[/quote]

I actually agree with you.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1675912' date='Oct 12 2008, 10:04 PM']except perhapse to pray that an old women will die before she votes against your cannidate.

I'm sorry but I'm a bit shocked that someone could hope for such a sick thing. As much as I dislike of the American conservative movement I can't imagain praying that someone would die before voteing for McCain.

Really, really sick stuff.[/quote]

It is a mortal sin to vote for someone who is anti life. Those that die with unrepeated mortal sins go to hell. Of course you don't understand that, which is why your twisting our words. If I were to twist words like Hassan, I would ask why do you want this woman to go to the fires of hell of all eternity? isn't that sicker?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1675958' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:37 PM']It is a mortal sin to vote for someone who is anti life. Those that die with unrepeated mortal sins go to hell. Of course you don't understand that, which is why your twisting our words. If I were to twist words like Hassan, I would ask why do you want this woman to go to the fires of hell of all eternity? isn't that sicker?[/quote]
You know very well the conditions that need to be met for a sin to be mortal, and you are in NO place to judge her in that way. It's between her and God, not you, her and God.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1675960' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:39 PM']You know very well the conditions that need to be met for a sin to be mortal, and you are in NO place to judge her in that way. It's between her and God, not you, her and God.[/quote]

It is a mortal sin to vote for someone that is anti life.

All that is needed for damnation to hell is one unrepentant mortal sin.

I have not judge anyone in the manner in which you accuse.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1675964' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:42 PM']It is a mortal sin to vote for someone that is anti life.

All that is needed for damnation to hell is one unrepentant mortal sin.

I have not judge anyone in the manner in which you accuse.[/quote]
And yet, there are still conditions to what constitutes a mortal sin, which include culpability. Unless you know for a fact that she meets all the requirements, I'd suggest you stop accusing her of planning to commit a mortal sin.