An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ok I'm Back

Galloglasses' Alt

Politics being more important than Jesus Christ. People consigning each other to damnation. Some kid desecrating the Eucharist with people on this board trying to incite physical violence/death to him.

Edit: Come to the Lame Board, we have sanity there as strange as it sounds.

Edited by BG45

[quote name='BG45' post='1676264' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:44 PM']Politics being more important than Jesus Christ. People consigning each other to damnation. Some kid desecrating the Eucharist with people on this board trying to incite physical violence/death to him.

Edit: Come to the Lame Board, we have sanity there as strange as it sounds.[/quote]

You certainly sound like a satisfied customer. :sweat:

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1676269' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:57 PM']You certainly sound like a satisfied customer. :sweat:[/quote]

Oh I am...except for those things. Sadly that seems to be where most of PM is expending their energies.

Edited by BG45

[quote name='BG45' post='1676280' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:06 PM']Oh I am...except for those things. Sadly that seems to be where most of PM is expending their energies.[/quote]

I gather that that's part of the election year culture here...much like we all try to kill each other during Lent (and, to a lesser extent, Advent).

I'd say hang in there and hopefully things will calm down, but with straw polls looking the way they are, I think there's going to be angry people around here for a long time. :mellow:

[quote name='BG45' post='1676264' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:44 PM']Politics being more important than Jesus Christ. People consigning each other to damnation. Some kid desecrating the Eucharist with people on this board trying to incite physical violence/death to him.

Edit: Come to the Lame Board, we have sanity there as strange as it sounds.[/quote]

wow I missed most of this and wasn't even gone

Sorry gallo, cranky. Too many folks acting as the Ordo Hereticus if you get my 40k drift. <.<

Otherwise, still a fun place. Open Mic has lots of cool topics still, so does debate table. Most insanity is trapped in Election Section.

[quote name='StColette' post='1676293' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:21 PM']wow I missed most of this and wasn't even gone[/quote]

Then I take it you've not been in Election Section or the Eucharist Desecration thread recently? It deeply disturbs me to have people with the Church Militant tag, and the owner of the site, advocating violence that Christ Himself would not perpetrate upon his tormentors during his sorrowful passion.

Edited by BG45

[quote name='BG45' post='1676299' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:25 PM']Then I take it you've not been in Election Section or the Eucharist Desecration thread recently? It deeply disturbs me to have people with the Church Militant tag, and the owner of the site, advocating violence that Christ Himself would not perpetrate upon his tormentors during his sorrowful passion.[/quote]

I tend to stay out of Political Conversations because it's a topic I can get very heated on and I'd rather not get heated ^_^ As for the Eucharist Desecration thread, I must have completely missed this one. Some defense of the Eucharist may be necessary. The Knights of Columbus were founded in order to guard and protect the Blessed Sacrament. Now I'm not big on violence and would not wish to harm someone permanently who was trying to take the Eucharist for desecration and I knew of it. I wouldn't kill them or hurt them seriously but I'd probably knock the heck out of them and take the Eucharist to safety.

I agree on the politics, I avoid Electrion Section until curiosity gets to me...and then yes, heated describes it nicely there. :sweat: Heated, unbridled animosity, heh.

If you missed the desecration thread, then please don't go looking for it. It's 18 or 19 pages long now I think, and you don't want to slog through it. It's the same people arguing back and forth whether lethal or even slightly less than lethal force should be used to defend the Eucharist from desecration; all about some kid whom we should be praying for is desecrating Christ's body...in many inventive and disgusting ways.

I've got to agree there's a difference between saying, tripping a person to prevent desecration, and the kinda stuff in that thread heh...it is never good to incite violence and post a person's personal information online... :(

And the KoC standing guard is cool. I've got a pic as my wallpaper actually.

Galloglasses' Alt

[i]Suffer not the witch to live[/i]

Lmao, its ok, its probably a good thing I missed out on the action, the state I was in, I was no way capable of bringing coherent arguements to any of the boards. been to the Eucharistic Desecration thread, Good Lord is this thing still going on?