An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Paul Vi's Predictions

MC Just

i do too, his prayful, a man of God, the leader of the Church, intelligent, caring, stands for peace, life and dignities of all people...His one amesome man, i love him soo dearly, and his face is filled with the love and faith that all catholics carry, he is our Pope, and in latin that means, "Papa", i urge everyone to read about him, my sis did a bio on him and learned so much about him, his soo cool...no words can truly explain how special he is and what he means to all us....

O Queen of Heaven, protect our pope John PaullII and all his intentions!

Viva El papa!!

lol...listen this is going to be hard to say without sounding like i'm bashing...which i'm not. i know my church history (though not as well as i would like) and continue to study it. man as a whole the entire church has plumitted. now i say that but let me explain and define terms.

the church = all the Children of God, the believers in faith by grace that God has called forth. all believers are the church reguardless of denomonation or building. we are Zion.

so when i say the entire church has plumitted then i am speaking of every person including myself. there was a time in America when the children of believers where taught the Bible and in it's completeness and deatial and deepness. 13 yr olds could translate the bible into Latin, Greek, Hebrew, French and English...lol...what is our excuse. The Church (as i defined) are supposed to be impacting the World with Christ as the "Great Commision" has told us to...but we haven't. instead the opposite has happened and the world and sin has plagued us as the body of Christ whole, we are now the cancer.

i say all of that so that this doesn't sound rude as it is not my intention. lots of people say that the Pope is so great and dignified and so on...here is my problem. We look to the Pope as God instead of to God Himself...we put so much trust and faith on a man instead of the One who created him.

Look i've got a Papa too...his name is Jesus Christ...only He will never forsake me. I cannot say that for anyman including myself and the Pope and every other man of God that i really admire. But if i put my admiration of those people to be to great then i lose sight of Christ. See it is not the man but that who made that man whom is important. Christ is He and Christ have given him all things...he and no one else acheives them on ther own...They are gifts from God so as our salvation.

I think my brotha's CrossMovement are ill and awsome men coming through alot and very learned people...but they are just that and nothing more...we are all vessels of the Lord. No one more important than anyone else...for God can use anyone He so choses, or no one at all...He is God, only God is important. I've got other little things i don't agree with as well but i'll leave that to another time...hey i'm an equal opportunity person...there are things about every denomonation that i have issues with including my own..this is why we should look to Christ and not to man...because when we look to man then we loose sight of truth and all that is important and fall flat on our faces.

Let us not forget that ALL man has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and that ALL man deserves nothing more than Hell, Death and the Grave...but it is God that chose to provide a way for man to reestablish a relationship with the Father and it is through Christ this is done...not by any man or any man's work...lest he boast and be like unto God himself.

in love

DJ Guardian

i say all of that so that this doesn't sound rude as it is not my intention. lots of people say that the Pope is so great and dignified and so on...here is my problem. We look to the Pope as God instead of to God Himself...we put so much trust and faith on a man instead of the One who created him.

We do not look to the pope as God instead of God. Jesus is the one who apointed a Pope to lead the Church. We obey the Pope because he is the Vicar of Christ. Infallible in Faith and Morals. Yes the Pope is Great. There is no other leader on earth as Holy and wise as our Pope. Your attitude is another example of a people who think they know more than a 2000 year old church. Protestantism is in a downward spiral to destruction, not our Church. Yes we have had scandals and a few bad eggs do bad things but other than that it is still that Infallible, spotless bride of Christ.

By the way I'll start a whole other topic if you wanna debate about our Holy Father. This one is about Contraceptives.

Good Friday

If you want, you can read Pope Paul VI's predictions along with all the rest of what he said about contraception (if you haven't already) in this encyclical: Humanae Vitae.

Prior to this encyclical, the liberals thought for sure that they had their "pocket Pope," the Pope that would turn the Second Vatican Council toward their liberal agenda and forever thwart what they saw as the "conservative" and "outdated" views of the Church. After the publishing of Humanae Vitae, though, the liberals were pretty sure that they had been mistaken.

littleflower+JMJ

umm...dj guardian? if you want to your invited to visit "the checking in thread" in the open mic section...just for alittle bio

thanks and welcome!

i hope to get to you know more....

+JMJ

God BLess! B)

littleflower+JMJ

i think thats what irked my the MOST about High School....as a senior i took some easy classes like homemaking and one was called, "Individual and Family Life" and we're suppose to learn about family right?

well, i was waiting for the "contraceptives" lesson and i was ready and expecting it....i was soo angry, i couldn't believe it, that day my teacher was "teaching" us about contrceptives how to use a condom...i was soo mad, i couldn't think...however, i did bring it up, i questioned it, and my teacher and me had a ongoing discussion about contraceptives for a full 5-minutes in front of my class....my point was, "if this is a family class, and its suppose to be readying us for our future families, then why are you teaching us how not to have families and children...isn't that anti-family well, she didn't have any answers for me....but i made sure i made my point across, she settled on the dumb excuse, "some of us have certain religious views" (cuz she knwe i was catholic) but i know as a Person and a catholic the evils of contraceptives.....she never talked about them again (atleast in front of me)

but these kids, i worried about them...these other students of mine, no has told them their priceless, that their worth waiting for, that God has someone in store for them, (i come from atown where the teen (young teen) preganacy rate is very high) they are lost, no one has explained to them, they have only been taught the contraceptions "ways"...and i felt so sad....never once did i hear someone teach that virginity was a gift, that you are a person made in God's image not in an non-controllable mammal....

but then again that was the public school curriculum.......a curriculum that only destructs, not constructs....

O Mary concieved without sin, Pray for us who have recourse to Thee!

+JMJ

God BLess!