An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Of You Seem To Have Alot Of Hate

for Obama...

Some of the stuff that is being said on here is kinda of makeing me wonder how some of you call yourselves christians ?

I seen the other day some lady at a mccain rally get on the mic and start saying that obama was a terrorist and other stuff like that. And Mccain rebuked her and defended Obama saying that he is a family man.

I think some of you who are saying such awful things and judgeing Obama the way you are is very unchristian, hatefull, and possibly very sinfull. Has the catholic church released a stament saying that it is a mortal sin to vote for Obama ? If so please link me to this so I can show every one I know because I dont want anyone I love to go to hell. ( Read on another post a member insisting it is a mortal sin to vote for obama, and if hes so sure, I would like to think the church has made an official stament on a matter of such importance)

I am not voteing for Obama for president but at the same time I will not judge his soul and put titles on his name. You people who are doing this, are you assumeing Gods role and do you know this mans heart ? Are you with Obama everyday and every second of his life ? Lets remember this man is baptised and married with two beautiful daughters. I dont agree with abortion and I pray that Obama will come to understand how wrong it is. But to judge his soul and say hatefull things about him isnt right.

Obama confesses Jesus Christ as his savior. Like it or not that makes him a christian. Now Im not saying that he is going to heaven or hell, only A Good Loveing God knows that. But he deserves christian love because he is a christian. Again I am not voteing for him and I think all the reasons should be put out there why not to vote for him. But when it crosses over to hate and racisim (yes I do believe alot of this hate comes from the fact that he is part black) there is something wrong with that. Godbless

Edited by Guest

It's not our fault you support a Muslim terrorist for president..

j/k, obviously I agree. You make a good point, although unfortunately you will not be heard out by most on here..

[quote name='Didymus' post='1676430' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:14 PM']It's not our fault you support a Muslim terrorist for president..

j/k, obviously I agree. You make a good point, although unfortunately you will not be heard out by most on here..[/quote]

didymus i love you bro haha

i read that first line and i was like geeez, give me a break here......

[quote name='Didymus' post='1676430' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:14 PM']It's not our fault you support a Muslim terrorist for president..

j/k, obviously I agree. You make a good point, although unfortunately you will not be heard out by most on here..[/quote]

Satire and humor is the best way to attack hate and bigotry I believe :smokey:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']for Obama...

Some of the stuff that is being said on here is kinda of makeing me wonder how some of you call yourselves christians ?[/quote]

I would begin by reminding you of one of your last statements in this thread. "Obama confesses Jesus Christ as his savior. Like it or not that makes him a christian." You accuse your fellow phatmassers of questioning Obama's christian faith and put them down, way down for it, then do the same thing by questioning their christian faith. So in short I begin by showing your own hypocrisy.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']I seen the other day some lady at a mccain rally get on the mic and start saying that obama was a terrorist and other stuff like that. And Mccain rebuked her and defended Obama saying that he is a family man.[/quote]

Was this lady a phatmasser? Was she rocking a phatmass t-shirt for you to use this in judgement against your fellow phatmassers? Because I thought we were talking about phatmassers. Phatmassers cant help what 'some lady' said. This charge has nothing to do with phatmass, some lady, but not phatmass.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']I think some of you who are saying such awful things and judgeing Obama the way you are is very unchristian, hatefull, and possibly very sinfull. Has the catholic church released a stament saying that it is a mortal sin to vote for Obama ? If so please link me to is so I can show every one I know because I dont want anyone I love to go to hell.[/quote]

The Catholic Church forbids anyone for voting for any candidate that is anti-life, it is a [url="http://www.priestsforlife.org/elections/voterguide.htm"]non-negotiable[/url], and mortal sin to do so. Obama is a anti-life candidate. There are other non-negotiables.

1. Abortion

2. Euthanasia

3. Embryonic Stem Cell Research

4. Human Cloning

5. Homosexual "Marriage"

All of which Obama supports.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']I am not voteing for Obama for president but at the same time I will not judge his soul and put titles on his name like many of you have. You people who are doing this, are you assumeing Gods role and do you know this mans heart ? Are you with Obama everyday and every second of his life ? Lets remember this man is baptised and married with two beautiful daughters. I dont agree with abortion and I pray that Obama will come to understand how wrong it is. But to judge his soul and say the hatefull things about him isnt right.[/quote]

What titles are you speaking of, who said it specifically and can you source them? Where has a phatmasser judged Obama's 'heart.'

Abortion is the most wicked crime in out time. Worse than the holocaust, worse than slavery. Obama supports this wicked crime, don't put us down for pointing things like this out.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']Obama confesses Jesus Christ as his savior. Like it or not that makes him a christian. Now Im not saying that he is going to heaven or hell, only A Good Loveing God knows that. But he deserves christian love because he is a christian. Again I am not voteing for him and I think all the reasons should be put out there why not to vote for him. But when it crosses over to hate and racisim (yes I do believe alot of this hate comes from the fact that he is part black) there is something wrong with that. Godbless[/quote]

Again so do your fellow phatmassers but you ask them how can you call yourselves Christians? Also if you are to make the charge that phatmassers are racist and so hate filled show the evidence, source it otherwise your just speaking from misunderstanding of your fellow brethren and emotion.

Edited by KnightofChrist

and i didnt accuse phatmass of anything
i accused some of the people saying hatefull things about obama
those are the people i accused
not phatmasss
chill

Edited by Guest

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676439' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:22 PM']Was this lady a phatmasser? Was she rocking a phatmass t-shirt for you to use this in judgement against your fellow phatmassers? Because I thought we were talking about phatmassers. Phatmassers cant help what 'some lady' said. This charge has nothing to do with phatmass, some lady, but not phatmass.[/quote]

my point was that even mccain rebuked her hate speach.
i have seen many post by people on here saying the same hatefull things.
and again im not attacking phatmass.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676451' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:28 PM']and i didnt accuse phatmass of anything
i accused some of the peopole saying hatefull things about obama
not phatmasss
chill[/quote]

Could have fooled me with the title of this thread "[b]Some Of You[/b] Seem To Have Alot Of Hate" then using 'you' another 8 times it looked a lot like you where accusing your fellow phatmassers of being racist and hate filled. If you where not you should not have used 'you' so much or how you used it.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676452' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:30 PM']my point was that even mccain rebuked her hate speach.
i have seen many post by people on here saying the same hatefull things.
and again im not attacking phatmass.[/quote]

Again I would ask that you find these quotes from these phatmassers and source it. Give them a chance to defend themselves against the charge of being hate full or even racist. I would like to see who you think these people are and if I would agree or disagree, and give others the same benefit.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676456' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:34 PM']Could have fooled me with the title of this thread "[b]Some Of You[/b] Seem To Have Alot Of Hate" then using 'you' another 8 times it looked a lot like you where accusing your fellow phatmassers of being racist and hate filled. If you where not you should not have used 'you' so much or how you used it.[/quote]

he already clarified but i will try a different approach. phatmass is a website, not a person. he was referencing some people who use phatmass.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676451' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:28 PM']and i didnt accuse phatmass of anything
i accused some of the peopole saying hatefull things about obama
not phatmasss
chill[/quote]

Then why post it here?

DB,

You are right in saying that tempers have gone way over the top here. We ALL have logs in our eyes and are very quick to snap at each other. :( It's probably because this election is so important for our future.

The thing is that we can't vote for Obama, no matter how bad we might want to. I'm sure you know that abortion is a mortal sin. But, it's ALSO a sin to help someone to have an abortion. By voting for someone who wants abortion to be legal, we are helping millions of women have abortions...and that's definitely immoral.

Does that make sense? I'll give you what the Catechism says, if you want it. Just ask. :)

God bless!
Missy