An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Of You Seem To Have Alot Of Hate

Every single one who post on here is a fellow phatmasser ??

And i never said anyone here is racist, although i believe alot of the hate obama recieves and the degree to which he recieves it, come from him being black.

I didnt attribute that to phatmassers, I was speaking in general, but do I think there are some racist people on here ? ya mabey....

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676461' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:37 PM']Again I would ask that you find these quotes from these phatmassers and source it. Give them a chance to defend themselves against the charge of being hate full or even racist. I would like to see who you think these people are and if I would agree or disagree, and give others the same benefit.[/quote]

I would ask the same to those that agree with DB. I dont wanna hear about what some lady said or what some man said, I wanna hear what some phatmasser said. What phatmasser is spewing hate, or even racism. Who? When? Where? Source?

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1676468' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:39 PM']You are right in saying that tempers have gone way over the top here. We ALL have logs in our eyes and are very quick to snap at each other. :( It's probably because this election is so important for our future.

The thing is that we can't vote for Obama, no matter how bad we might want to. I'm sure you know that abortion is a mortal sin. But, it's ALSO a sin to help someone to have an abortion. By voting for someone who wants abortion to be legal, we are helping millions of women have abortions...and that's definitely immoral.

Does that make sense? I'll give you what the Catechism says, if you want it. Just ask. :)

God bless!
Missy[/quote]

very well said.

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1676468' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:39 PM']DB,

You are right in saying that tempers have gone way over the top here. We ALL have logs in our eyes and are very quick to snap at each other. :( It's probably because this election is so important for our future.

The thing is that we can't vote for Obama, no matter how bad we might want to. I'm sure you know that abortion is a mortal sin. But, it's ALSO a sin to help someone to have an abortion. By voting for someone who wants abortion to be legal, we are helping millions of women have abortions...and that's definitely immoral.

Does that make sense? I'll give you what the Catechism says, if you want it. Just ask. :)

God bless!
Missy[/quote]

Hello Missy,
I know that abortion is a mortal sin and I agree with you, I will not be voteing for Obama. But he is a married father who is baptised with two beautiful daughers, and I just dont agree when politics turn over to hate talk...

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676470' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:39 PM']Every single one who post on here is a fellow phatmasser ??

And i never said anyone here is racist, although i believe alot of the hate obama recieves and the degree to which he recieves it, come from him being black.

I didnt attribute that to phatmassers, I was speaking in general, but do I think there are some racist people on here ? ya mabey....[/quote]

Well again perhaps your first post was one of emotion and not logic. Because it really looked like you where talking to us, by using the word 'you' as you did, and the other 8 times you did. Racism is wrong, sinful and the vast majority of phatmasser oppose it. Also the majority of the people who are against Obama even outside of phatmass are against Obama not because of his race but because of his policy and moral character.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676467' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:39 PM']Then why post it here?[/quote]

hey whats up,
because this is a christian website and i dont think obama should be attacked to the extent that he has been here, because at the end of the day, he is a christian.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676410' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:58 PM']for Obama...

Some of the stuff that is being said on here is kinda of makeing me wonder how some of you call yourselves christians?[/quote]
I do not hate Obama, but I do hate the positions he holds on most moral issues.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676484' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:47 PM']Hello Missy,
I know that abortion is a mortal sin and I agree with you, I will not be voteing for Obama. But he is a married father who is baptised with two beautiful daughers, and I just dont agree when politics turn over to hate talk...[/quote]

Obama is married, a father, and baptized. But he also supports abortion, and infanticide, which has murdered 50,000,000 children. What does that speak of his moral character? Good or Evil?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676484' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:47 PM']Hello Missy,
I know that abortion is a mortal sin and I agree with you, I will not be voteing for Obama. But he is a married father who is baptised with two beautiful daughers, and I just dont agree when politics turn over to hate talk...[/quote]

I don't know about you, but this is my first election...and I'm finding that hate talk IS politics. It's a shame. :(

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676493' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:51 PM']Obama is married, a father, and baptized. But he also supports abortion, and infanticide, which has murdered 50,000,000 children. What does that speak of his moral character? Good or Evil?[/quote]

Woah. It's a bit rash to call him evil. Maybe his actions are sinful, but he is not evil. And you make it sound like he believes he's murdering children - many people who support abortion don't think of the children as children.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676462' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:37 PM']KoC -

Obama does not support homosexual marriage. Biden discussed this in the VP debate.[/quote]
Obama is for civil unions, which the Church rejects as immoral.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676471' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:40 PM']I would ask the same to those that agree with DB. I dont wanna hear about what some lady said or what some man said, I wanna hear what some phatmasser said. What phatmasser is spewing hate, or even racism. Who? When? Where? Source?[/quote]

EDIT:

that was a sleazy thing to do as MV is not online to defend herself. What I said was true, but it was done in a Sophmoric and underhanded way that was just sleazy.

sorry.

Edited by Hassan

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676487' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:49 PM']hey whats up,
because this is a christian website and i dont think obama should be attacked to the extent that he has been here, because at the end of the day, he is a christian.[/quote]

Which is it, I'm a little confused, I thought you where not talking to us with the first thread but now you say you where? Again I would like you to source where you think the attacks have extent to far in your view.

Also yes at the end of the day Obama is christian, but a christian who does not follow Christian morality.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676493' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:51 PM']Obama is married, a father, and baptized. But he also supports abortion, and infanticide, which has murdered 50,000,000 children. What does that speak of his moral character? Good or Evil?[/quote]

It says neither. Obama is a wretched sinner, no better than you or I. He's wrong. I was at one time in my life staunchly pro-choice--did that make me, to use your word, evil?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676502' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:55 PM']Which is it, I'm a little confused, I thought you where not talking to us with the first thread but now you say you where? Again I would like you to source where you think the attacks have extent to far in your view.

[size=4]Also yes at the end of the day Obama is christian[/size], but a christian who does not follow Christian morality.[/quote]

Mmmmm...

You may want to check with Justin on that one