An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Of You Seem To Have Alot Of Hate

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676538' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:15 PM']All are misguided, if we understood what sin was we would never sin. Any support of abortion is evil and there are degrees of evil.[/quote]
Well then, at least make that differentiation. Because someone like Obama supporting the idea of abortion is not as evil as a doctor who performs an abortion, though you'd like to claim differently. It seems to be a central theme to all of your posts that voting for Obama is just as bad as stabbing a baby.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676538' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:15 PM']All are misguided, if we understood what sin was we would never sin. Any support of abortion is evil and there are degrees of evil.[/quote]

So if you pay taxes that indirectly go to help poor women get abortions then you are evil?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676538' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:15 PM']All are misguided, if we understood what sin was we would never sin. Any support of abortion is evil and there are degrees of evil.[/quote]

then aren't we all evil, just on different degrees?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676542' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:17 PM']So if you pay taxes that indirectly go to help poor women get abortions then you are evil?[/quote]
Technically, we are all evil then. Because tax money will somehow find its way into supporting abortion somehow, and that makes us evil.

Stop paying taxes or you're a baby killer!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676546' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:18 PM']then aren't we all evil, just on different degrees?[/quote]

Yes on different degrees because we are sinners we are evil in that sence.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676510' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:01 PM']A nice slap across the face, how about? Since you never contribute anything useful.

Like someone said, I'm confused. I thought you weren't picking on Phatmassers. But now you clearly are.[/quote]

as I said before that was sleazy on my part, but what should I do for a proper apology do you think?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676542' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:17 PM']So if you pay taxes that indirectly go to help poor women get abortions then you are evil?[/quote]
That depends. If you know that that is happening and you fail to speak out against it, or to try and change the situation, you would be a participant in an objectively immoral act, but you would lack -- at least if you are actively working to stop what is happening -- subjective culpability for the crime in question.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676552' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:20 PM']as I said before that was sleazy on my part, but what should I do for a proper apology do you think?[/quote]

Is this sarcasm?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1676553' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:21 PM']That depends. If you know that that is happening and you fail to speak out against it, or to try and change the situation, you would be a participant in an objectively immoral act, but you would lack -- at least if you are actively working to stop what is happening -- subjective culpability for the crime in question.[/quote]

What if I believe in theory that the government, as a matter of constitutional law, has a right to use tax revenue to fund legal medical procedures and as abortion is, in the United States legal, the government has a constitutional right to use tax revenue to fund abortions for poor women. However I also believe that abortionis wrong and work to end it through non-legal avanues?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676559' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:28 PM']Is this sarcasm?[/quote]

nope. She has said racist and bigoted things, that was no lie, but what I did was still sleazy.

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1676526' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:09 PM']i think your second paragraph is right but just because someone is our brother/sister in christ doesn't mean that we must defend them at all times. in fact, we are called to rebuke them IN LOVE but in truth. now, when people are just mocking those they disagree with and saying things with an air or arrogance and pride, yes, that is wrong, but most people here are not like that.[/quote]

exactly i agree...
and also again, let it be known i agree that most people here are not like that...
this is a great webstie and im blessed that i found it, Godbless you Dust !
what i meant by the first paragragh was to defend him as a brother in christ on him being a christian...
when i read post that say he isnt a christian, that that he is a secret muslim and other croutons, well its stupid and needs to be spoken out against....

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1676541' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:17 PM']Well then, at least make that differentiation. Because someone like Obama supporting the idea of abortion is not as evil as a doctor who performs an abortion, though you'd like to claim differently. It seems to be a central theme to all of your posts that voting for Obama is just as bad as stabbing a baby.[/quote]

I would argue that because politicians like Obama are close but not equal to the level of evil the abortionist commits. Why, because these politicians enact laws that allow the abortionist to commit mass genocide, and they also obstruct attempts to save the lives of the unborn. Much the same way Stalin's Russia system of government worked. The Communist statemen would only enact laws that murdered Jews and Christians it was others that physically committed murder.

One murders by a gun, the other allows murder by the pen.

Edited by KnightofChrist