An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canadian Election

prose

Last I heard, it looked like PM Harper was going to get another minority government. It'll be interesting, however it turns out.

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1677412' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:48 PM']Last I heard, it looked like PM Harper was going to get another minority government. It'll be interesting, however it turns out.[/quote]
Someone's savvy of our government workings...

yeah. i voted today. thankfully. :mellow:

You can all disregard my voting problem thread... which is probably on pg 3 by now.

The candidates on my ballot:

Marxist Party

Communist Party

Green Party

New Democrat Party

Conservative Party

Liberal Party

Independent (I [i]heard [/i]that he believed in UFOs or something... don't take my word for it though. Needless to say he didn't get my vote).

i wasnt able to vote today, i am visiting some people out side of my riding. dang, i followed all of the stuff too.
i would have voted for the green party, even though they won win. if anyone watched the leaders debate, she was by far the smartest of the candidates and had a lot of good ideas for the key areas, economics, the war, healthcare all that.

if they miss winning or getting a seat by one vote i am going to be pissed!

Green party impressed me a few years ago... I'm just... not sure about their stance on life. it's quite the hot topic. unfortunately, they're all...hard to guage I think. I dunno, I'm not into uber politics. I know more about the American election... sorta. Maybe I know the same, just in different areas. I unno....

I voted. That's all that counts. I think.

The Florida Green Party's platform includes two life issues. They are against the death penalty, and want to work for a time when abortion will be rendered unnecessary. Of course I believe it is unnecessary now, but I understand a lot of people don't

Looks like Harper again, even stronger mandate. So if Canada goes Conservative, and God forbid, Obama gets elected so the US goes more Liberal, that could be weird. When he was first elected, he promised to bring gay marriage back up, and did, but only half heartedly. I was kind of hoping for a majority government. Then maybe he could bring it up again.