An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Think In This Generation

That the antichrist along with the false prophets will apear forming the one world goverment and introduceing the mark of the beast ?

Prostestants believe they will be raptured away before this takes place but as catholics we believe we will not be raptured away before this happens ? Correct me if im wrong please, I would love to see this explained more. As I see some very knowlegable protestant teachers teaching this as truth.

So in our lifetime will we have to accept the mark of the beast to be able to buy or sell ? What is the church's teaching on this ? Godbless

Revelation 13 :16 It forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be given a stamped image on their right hands or foreheads, so that no one could buy or sell except one who had the stamped image of the beast's name or the number that stood for its name.

Edited by Guest

The idea of the Rapture is less than 150 years old, and came out of the Brethern Church. Revelation is the most difficult part of the bible to understand properly, and should be examined with extreme caution because the misconceptions that it has bred are vast.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1677515' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:04 PM']That the antichrist along with the false prophets will apear forming the one world goverment and introduceing the mark of the beast ?

Prostestants believe they will be raptured away before this takes place but as catholics we believe we will not be raptured away before this happens ? Correct me if im wrong please, I would love to see this explained more. As I see some very knowlegable protestant teachers teaching this as truth.

So in our lifetime will we have to accept the mark of the beast to be able to buy or sell ? What is the church's teaching on this ? Godbless

Revelation 13 :16 It forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be given a stamped image on their right hands or foreheads, so that no one could buy or sell except one who had the stamped image of the beast's name or the number that stood for its name.[/quote]
Catholic teaching is pretty nonspecific on all this stuff except that, (1) A lot of the material in Revelation is symbolic -- for example, the "thousand years" means a long time, not an actual thousand years. (2) There will be only one more coming of Jesus, and that's for the final judgement at the end of time. There will not be a period of time where some Christians are taken away and everyone else fights it out.

"The Rapture" is a very modern belief, developed by American Protestants.

eagle_eye222001

[url="http://www.catholic.com/library/Rapture.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/library/Rapture.asp[/url]

Pretty much all the basic stuff you should know about it.

[quote name='philothea' post='1677577' date='Oct 14 2008, 07:52 PM']Catholic teaching is pretty nonspecific on all this stuff except that, (1) A lot of the material in Revelation is symbolic -- for example, the "thousand years" means a long time, not an actual thousand years. (2) There will be only one more coming of Jesus, and that's for the final judgement at the end of time. There will not be a period of time where some Christians are taken away and everyone else fights it out.

"The Rapture" is a very modern belief, developed by American Protestants.[/quote]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1677615' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:37 PM'][url="http://www.catholic.com/library/Rapture.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/library/Rapture.asp[/url]

cool thanks
just checked out that website it was helpfull..

Edited by Guest

[quote name='philothea' post='1677577' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:52 AM']"The Rapture" is a very modern belief, developed by American Protestants.[/quote]
More like British Protestants, actually. The idea of "the Rapture" was around a long time before Jerry Jenkins, and Tim LaHaye. The idea has been floated around, in various forms since since 1830.

[url="http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d760201.htm"]http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d760201.htm[/url]

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1677515' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:04 PM']Prostestants believe they will be raptured away before this takes place but as catholics we believe we will not be raptured away before this happens ? Correct me if im wrong please, I would love to see this explained more. As I see some very knowlegable protestant teachers teaching this as truth.[/quote]

You should clarify that only [i]some[/i] Protestants believe this hooey.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1677709' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:51 PM']You should clarify that only [i]some[/i] Protestants believe this hooey.[/quote]

opps my bad
i just saw perry stone the other night talking about how this is going to happen
and jack van impre
why are they so confused ?

LouisvilleFan

I dunno. I never paid much attention to endtime scenarios, even as a Protestant. It's fun for speculation's sake, and to at least gain some insight into the significance of such things like the existence of Israel as a state and our pledge of military backing against anyone who attacks her (you can just see the plot building gradually through every generation). But specific predictions -- especially concerning the time of Christ's return -- cross the line into pridefully doing exactly what Jesus told us not to do. Why bother getting into it?

Edited by LouisvilleFan

Saw a cute comedy sketch about the Rapture. I think it was Pat Robinson and maybe Oral Roberts. They were left behind, and started whaling on each other. It was pretty funny.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1677782' date='Oct 15 2008, 04:22 AM']I dunno. I never paid much attention to endtime scenarios, even as a Protestant. It's fun for speculation's sake, and to at least gain some insight into the significance of such things like the existence of Israel as a state and our pledge of military backing against anyone who attacks her (you can just see the plot building gradually through every generation). But specific predictions -- especially concerning the time of Christ's return -- cross the line into pridefully doing exactly what Jesus told us not to do. Why bother getting into it?[/quote]
What, you didn't have classes on the End Times at your Baptist church? It was a favourite past time of many of the people at mine. . .

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1677792' date='Oct 15 2008, 04:27 AM']Saw a cute comedy sketch about the Rapture. I think it was Pat Robinson and maybe Oral Roberts. They were left behind, and started whaling on each other. It was pretty funny.[/quote]
My uncle wanted to name his dog Oral Roberts so he could say "heel, Oral Roberts". His wife overruled him and named the dog Hoover. Their other dog is Kirby. Guess vacuum cleaners won out. :mellow:

[quote name='Winchester' post='1677849' date='Oct 15 2008, 04:59 AM']The mark of the beast is the mullet. We've known this for some time.[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1677515' date='Oct 14 2008, 06:04 PM']That the antichrist along with the false prophets will apear forming the one world goverment and introduceing the mark of the beast ?[/quote]
God alone knows.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1677515' date='Oct 14 2008, 06:04 PM']That the Antichrist along with the false prophets will apear forming the one world government and introducing the mark of the beast ?[/quote]

I give it until mid-January.